fleece, vinyl application

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sach_deva 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2008 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
Hi!,
I was just curious how you guys work with covering a mold with fleece or vinyl and have no seams? I am just curious because every time I make a mold with fleece I always have a seam.
speakermakers 
Copper - Posts: 231
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2008 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
It really depends. Can you elaborate?
ice32 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2008 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
I'm after the same info, I'm pretty sure by seam, he means where the fabric joins, how do you make it look flush, so there is no stitch marks, I'm carpeting a sub box atm, and I'm trying to work out how to get the carpet to join at the corners and sides so its flush and dosen't look like it was just stuck there.
speakermakers 
Copper - Posts: 231
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2008 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
I ask because there are 100 and 1 solutions to this. It all depends on what you are working on. If you are covering an MDF box then I suggest you cut an H pattern on one side of the box with a table saw or with a skill saw. Simply set your saw to cut ¼” deep. When you cover your box stretch your carpet around the box and tuck the carpet into the grooves. Once you have it tucked into the groove cut with a fresh razor blade. Select carpet that is stretchy. If your carpet won’t make it around the entire box, cut grooves where ever you need them. If you do this properly it will be very difficult to detect the seems.
If you are using vinyl or another construction material the process is entirely different.
fleece, vinyl application - Last Post -- posted image.
Always use contact cement. Don’t use aerosol dispensed products. They will all fail under load, time and temperature.
ice32 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2008 at 3:31 AM / IP Logged  
where do you cut when its in the groove? or do you mean, cut so it fits into the groove?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic