561r

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tigerthetony 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2008 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  

Hi folks, new to this forum.

Can someone please explain what latched/pulsed is in reference to hooking up the rear defogger from the switch?

brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2008 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
latched means the switch is closed until commanded open-- as in holding the button down until I let it off---- or a timer shuts it off-    pulsed means the switch is closed and immediately opened-  like a door lock switch would do.  Defroster switches would "latch" on to keep current flowing to the defrost wires until it times out or is commanded off....
Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.
tigerthetony 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2008 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you for the response, it makes absolute sense.

One more question should do it:

There is a BLACK/ white neutral safety shutdown input wire on the 561R. The option I will use has the blk/wht wire connected to the toggle switch and a grw connected to the switch. What is the toggle for?

regards,

wiretapper 
Copper - Posts: 166
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2008 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  

The toggle is to be used if you don't install a hood pinswitch. This way you can flip the switch to ground before taking the vehicle for service. One side is grounded, the other goes to the neg hood shutdown wire. Grey on that model, I believe?

I usually tie the BLACK/ white neutral wire into the grpund wire. Many new vehicles are nearly impossible to find the proper wire to connect it to.

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2008 at 3:47 AM / IP Logged  

The toggle switch, more generally is used whenever you want remote starting disabled - for example if the vehicle's parked in an indoor garage, kids play with the remote too much at home, whatever...without the switch turned to on, the vehicle will not remotely start.

DEI's instructions for the wire are confusing...they make it seem as though every vehicle has a neutral safety wire which is grounded when the car is in park/neutral. This is not the case except on certain GM vehicles, and their reason for having the wire at all is as follows:

Most cars have an electrical neutral safety switch - current will not go from the starter wire by the switch to the starter motor unless the car is in park or neutral. However, many GM rear-wheel drive vehicles built prior to 1996/2.5 liter pre-1995 Dodge Dakotas have a mechanical neutral safety switch, which means that there is a block in the key switch that doesn't allow it to turn to the cranking position, unless the trans. is in park or neutral. This type of switch will do absolutely nothing for safety if electrical power is sent to the starter wire in a drive gear, which is what a remote start does.

There are various ways of doing a safe remote start install on one of those GM cars which I won't get into here. They are all more complicated than a one-wire connection.

DEI's engineers decided to put the neutral safety wire on there so that a remote start could be done safely and easily - the one-wire hook up at the ECM is quite simple on the GM vehicles that have it.

Bottom line - on any vehicle not mentioned here the neutral safety wire does not need to go anywhere whatsoever on the vehicle.

C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
tigerthetony 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2008 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  

One other area of the instructions I find difficult to interpret for the 561R. Quoted from the manual:

WHITE/ Blue remote start (-) activation input.

" This input comes from the factory set to 2 activation pulses. This means that it is necessary to have 2 consecutive ground pulses on the WHITE/ blue wire for the remote start to activate or to deactivate. The same holds true for the remote control activation when set to a two pulse setting it is necessary to press the button twice for the remote start to activate or deactivate."

" NOTE: When the activation pulse count can be programmed to 1, 2, or 3 pulses when changed it will affect both activation inputs; the WHITE/ Blue wire and the remote control activation. "

The next illustration shows a momentary push button switch that is wired to grnd and the wht/blue act. input wire on the ECM.

The same notation is then repeated for a WHITE/ red (+) activation input wire.

Not sure about these 2 wires. The only push button switch included has a connector on the end for plug-in to the ECM for valet programming.

Advice?

tigerthetony 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2008 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  

I believe I have found the answer to my prior post on activation inputs. Replys to this have been made elsewhere in this forum.    regards,

tigerthetony 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  

Is there any particular wiring configuration I need to follow to make this work?  Much obliged.

DEI 561R -  1991 Benz 300E

BLUE/WHITE status/defogger output:

" This wire supplies a 200mA output as soon as the module begins the remote start process. The H2/5 BLUE/WHITE wire can also be used to activate the defogger trigger (latched/pulsed) 10 seconds after successful remote start. "

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  

You'd need to figure out how the defogger switch on your car is wired.  Basically this entails testing all the wires at the defogger switch, and seeing if one either:

a. Shows ground when the defogger is active.

b. Shows ground when the defogger switch is held in, regardless of whether turning on or off.

Case a you would hook the blue/white to that wire and program it for latched defogger.

Case b do the same, but program it for pulsed defogger.

Post back or PM me if the situation's different from either of those 2.

C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic