kinger124 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2008 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
JWorm wrote:
kinger124 wrote:

Twelvoltz wrote:
kinger124 wrote:
just talked to him, he said that he tried a relay, then also tried wiring parking lights to the status output wire and the bypass or starter wouldnt let the car start cause of that..
I can think of no reason he would not be able to use the status output to trigger relays to power both the bypass and the parking lights.

I dunno.. He said he tried it.

I just want the damn parking lights to stay steady and not flash lol, I didnt think it would be so hard

Its not that hard. Your friend just doesn't know how to use diodes to isolate circuits.

care to enlighten me? maybe even some instructions? anything would be helpful

Firstnbass 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2008 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
yes, please enlighten me?
*ALwaYs KnoW YoUr SaLEsmAN!!*
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 18, 2008 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  
Diodes
Status output from 569T with 2 diodes stripe side facing brain of alarm (this allows the negative to flow from brain to device but not back to brain or the other device). Each diode output would then go to each 'device'. One would go to status input on the bypass and the other to trigger a relay for parking lights.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
Firstnbass 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2008 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
and what would you say if i told you I ALREADY DID? after doing so the car would not start...
*ALwaYs KnoW YoUr SaLEsmAN!!*
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2008 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  

status output diode isolated to both circuits. one to bypas one to relay with setup like so

85 - status ouput form 569.

86 - constant 12v
87 - constant 12v fused @ 10 amps
30 - to parking light wire

i am thikning the DEI status output isnt puting enough out to power 2 differant things. Assuming the output is at least 250mA or 500mA it should be sufficiant in driving a relay and bypasskit. Id anything try connecting the status ouput to a relay, then from the relay to your 2 circuits with a high current ground.

85 - status output

86 - constant 12v
87 - high current ground
30 - to bypasskit and relay that will be powering the parking lights. diode isolate the wires comming from 30 to the neg inputs on the bypass and relay pin 85

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
I agree that the output is probably not strong enough to power both the bypass and a relay if you say the car would not start. My suggestion would also be to use a pair of relays (no need for diodes)similar to what tedmond posted but on the first relay I would recommend putting pin 87 to ground because you really don't want to send +12V fused at 10a to the negative parking light trigger in an 06 Civic.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  

the output is strong enough i have ran a relay for 2nd acc and bypass from the blue

wire using the hornet 570

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic