the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 mustang e brake wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  

manual safe remote starts are the safest way to go. If you let some1 borrow your car and they accidently left it in gear and remote started it, what happens then? it comes down to the personwho installed it and a huge lawsuit will be taken into place. this will only screw you up the rear. i suggest you DONT do wat 07 mentioned and connect the ebrake to a toggle. rather spend alittle more and get a manual tranny safe start.

dea,can 
Copper - Posts: 284
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  

maybe to late parkbrake RED / yellow at parking brake switch  polarity - neg

use a diode to isolate the parking brake switch from the BCM

dragon
turboneon 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
Twelvoltz wrote:
turboneon - Please do not follow this advice of just grounding the safety input!
Don't worry. I only use the mtx designed units. When it comes to stuff like this, I act like everyone is part of the lowest common denominator club.
dea,can wrote:

maybe to late parkbrake RED / yellow at parking brake switch polarity - neg

use a diode to isolate the parking brake switch from the BCM

That's the wire I used, but I did not put a diode on it. Why would I need the diode? The unit has a specific e-brake input wire.
The unit I ended up using is a 2way rs/alarm from autostart.ca.
I have it completly installed, but of course, it still doesn't start. Locks/trunks/lights/alarm all work. It will do rs take over and accecpt the mtx reserve mode starting sequence, but when I hit the button to start it, the unit does nothing, no lights, no ignition, nothing. The hood/brake shut down inputs are all good and working properly.
Why is it my 1st year back doing these I end up with a bunch of cars with issues.
07mustanggt 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
Did you get a bypass module for the chip in the key. I used dei's 556sw for my 07 mustang r/s alarm install.
turboneon 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2008 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  
07mustanggt wrote:
Did you get a bypass module for the chip in the key. I used dei's 556sw for my 07 mustang r/s alarm install.
I'm using an Autopage Key-override-sl module.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2008 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
the reason you diode isolate is to prevent feeback onto the BCM. incase your unit sent out ground, it wouldnt short out the bcm.
turboneon 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2008 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
the reason you diode isolate is to prevent feeback onto the BCM. incase your unit sent out ground, it wouldnt short out the bcm.
Don't you mean incase the unit sent out a positive? If the unit sent out a ground into that circuit, it would be the same as the hand brake being applied.
As a side note, I finally got the car working properly. The problem was the wire I was using for the door triggers. The 2 different tech sheets I had had me using the what I came to find out was the dome wire for a door trigger. Once I found that out and found out the actual door triggers everything worked as it was supposed to.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic