icon

building box for 07 mustang

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
07mustanggt 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  
building box for 07 mustang - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Heres how I want it, can you help me with the box interior volume. I need it to be between 1.6 and 6 cu FT.
bellsracer 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  

MUCH Better! but wait... 22 degrees??? 9inches???

You've gotta be kidding... You will want to double check your measurements. You also did not mention the thickness of the wood.

If you look at what you have there, your top is 8 inches and the flat bottom is 7 inches. That would only give 1 inch of space left. Oddly enough that angle is 22 degrees but the length is only 2 1/4 inches.

Assuming that we ignore the 9inch angle area and make a box that is square with just a larger baffle to fill in the extra inches and the wood is 5/8" MDF, your total is: 1.04cf (rounded nearest 100th)

Sorry but you are 1/2 cf shy of your goal... I don't have a Mustang around me at the moment so I can't make a reference with how to fix the size issue, but I'm sure someone can or I can see if I can visit one and see what space is available.

Ganbatte ne...

Never send your ducks to eagle school.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.
The 3Ls of life: Learn from the Past, Live for the Present, Look to the Future.
12voltexpert 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2008 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
Can someone please come up with a box design for a new style Mustang. It's for 2 kicker cvr 10's.
12voltexpert 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
Well it just needs the angle on the bottom. It goes up 9 Inches at a 22
degree angle. Then flattens out for 7 inches and thats all the room since it now hits the rear seats. The height of the box by the rear seats can't be taller than like 10 Inches. The front can be like12 or 15 inches tall. I want the width to be 34 inches wide. Then the top needs to be however long so it lines up with the bottom angle thing.
joyrydn 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2008 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
ok lets start fresh here since no1 can decifer your drawing and im pretty sure the measurements are not exact. no offense, but we are trying to help you out.  i have an idea to get more air space. you need to make 3 cardboard cut outs for the 2 side and the divider. make them to fit snug for the sides and divider.  then when you get the shape you are looking for, trace em out on mdf and cut em out. place them in the trunk where you want them to be.  then tape them down so they stand upright as if they were in the box themselves.  then foil off the work area, and tape around them to fiberglass the tricky spots of this box project. fg the sides and divider to the foiled off floor and wow, now ur making this box that isnt working out so well to begin with(sorry if i seem blunt but had a rough day, not ur fault) now you have then bottom sides and divider in place carefully pull this out of the trunk and build the front and top of the box and make sure the fg is strong enuf.  now you can finish it to ur liking, but at least you will have the max. air space you will need. let me know if that is what you were looking for.
Make it Euro'n!!!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic