the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

cannot manually start 1999 tahoe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 18, 2008 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  

rhd180 wrote:
does your starter from the remote start have a starter kill relay wired in? if so, your connections from the relay to the starter wire on the vehicle are switched

This gets my vote. Based on the info you gave of unplugging the alarm, and it starts right up.

Just wondering..... what type of bypass did you use?

djkurious 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2008 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  

brcidd wrote:
is your truck's yellow starter wire interupted by a relay- perhaps you are not programmed to control that relay properly with your new unit...........

I have checked and there is no interruption from the yellow wire.

djkurious 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2008 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

rhd180 wrote:
does your starter from the remote start have a starter kill relay wired in? if so, your connections from the relay to the starter wire on the vehicle are switched

This gets my vote. Based on the info you gave of unplugging the alarm, and it starts right up.

Just wondering..... what type of bypass did you use?

Ok the alarm does come with a starter interrupt built-in, which basically is what I think is keeping the truck from starting when I turn the key.  I have no idea what type of bypass method they used when installing the original alarm.  When installing the Autopage 860, I just plugged in the same connector since its the same brand. If they used a bypass kit, I have not seen it under the dash. Could they have used the inexpensive resistor type bypass?  If so, where would it be located?

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2008 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
i dont remember if they have an output to dive a relay or is it like DEI where the starter kill is built into the relay pack. well also since autopage is an autopage, make sure the plugs have similar wiring. try lookinf on the autopage unit for a GROUND WHEN ARMED. if you spot that wire, cut it, and see if you can start the car when you still arm it.
djkurious 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  

tedmond wrote:
i dont remember if they have an output to dive a relay or is it like DEI where the starter kill is built into the relay pack. well also since autopage is an autopage, make sure the plugs have similar wiring. try lookinf on the autopage unit for a GROUND WHEN ARMED. if you spot that wire, cut it, and see if you can start the car when you still arm it.

This solved it!  cannot manually start 1999 tahoe - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

I tried to locate the "ground when armed" wire (Orange) and all I could locate was ground when disarmed wire (ORANGE / White). I cut this wire, tried to start the truck with the key, and it started.  So this was a key to me that the orange ground when armed wire is somewhere.  I finally located the wire and it was next to the ORANGE / white wire.  The reason I never noticed the wire is because the manual states it's orange, but it is a shade away from being pink! cannot manually start 1999 tahoe - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. So, when I initially replaced the alarm from the 720 to the 860, I reversed the wires and that was causing the truck to not start with the key.  Everything is tested and now it starts with the key and remote start.  Thanks everyone for your time and input!

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
i guess you or previous person who wired in the starter kill wired it as normally open starter kill. best way is normally closed. well nice to know you got it working. double chcking always helps cannot manually start 1999 tahoe - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic