icon

parrot 3100 poor fm radio reception now

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
I just installed a parrot ck3100 in a 2004 bmw 3 series a few days ago. I used the optional external speaker for the parrot. customer is now saying they have poor/static fm reception ever since the hands free kit has been installed. I have not had a chance to look at the vehicle yet or call parrots tech support, I was just curious if anyone has heard or experienced any sort of factory radio reception problems on any bmw's or any platform vehicles when using a parrot bluetooth kit?
Mike Battaglia
Specialized Car Audio
Bensenville IL 60106
jeffwhiteman 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
I have installed many of these and never had an interference problem in any vehicle. That being said, it is transmitting rf so interference is not surprising. I am sure you know this but first remove power to the handsfree kit and see if the problem goes away. If it does try relocating the box. If the problem doesnt go away, try turning the customers bluetooth off on his phone. If that doesnt solve it, check to be sure his antenna didnt come lose during your installation. If none of these solves your problem, he is probably crazy! (just kiddn') good luck.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic