icon

remote start sets off factory alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mopar001 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2008 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  

I installed a 561R in an 04 Durango. Everything works fine, except when the SUV is locked and the factory alarm is on and I R/S the SUV the alarm goes off?

I connected the factory keyfob double pulse (Lock,Lock) to activate the 561R. If the SUV is unlocked and I activate the 561R the alarm does not go off? I read through the posts and it appears that once it is running or started it automatically disarms the alarm. I connected both ignition and acc wires and everything else works great. The HVAC, Radio, Dash and everything works as it should, no idiot lights stay on as if I did not connect anything.

Any suggestions if I missed something?

perly 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2008 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like you need to disarm the factory alarm before start. I am not sure how to do it with your rs but that is the problem
re-reading the post again i am pretty sure that the car alarm is activated by the lock so when you press the lock twice you are actually arming the alarm right before you go to start it. this will not work at all this way.
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2008 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  

You have a wire that arms and a wire that disarms your factory alarm. You will need to run a wire from your RS that is grounded when remote started to disarm your factory alarm. Name all the wires that are on your remote start.

tonyberg 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2008 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
it will disarm with keysense, connect up a status/GWR wire to the PURPLE / brown keysense wire in your ignition harness
ralphtonka 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2008 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
-8kohms on purple brown mux will disarm chrysler fac security
tonyberg 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2008 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
He said it was an 04 Durango, an 04 durango would not utilize a MUX wire
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 29, 2008 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
ralphtonka, that's for new-style Chryslers.
mopar001, just connect a ground-when-running output from the remote starter, to the PURPLE / brown keysense wire at the ignition switch.
There does happen to be a PURPLE / brown wire in the harness coming down the steering column, but it's not the right one. You have to go right to the plug at the backside of the ignition switch.
Or, if you don't want to take the car apart again, just press "unlock, lock, lock." The factory alarm doesn't arm instantly, so it won't go off.
mopar001 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2008 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks,

I can deal with unlock, lock, lock for now, but I will take it apart and do it right.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic