icon

99 ford f150 door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
russ lund 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
I had a 99 F150 pickup in for a R/S today.All went well until I got to the door locks.It could be a TypeB or C.It doesn't appear to have keyless entry.I found the pink/yel and pink/lt.green in the pass kick pannel.There is no signal at all on either wire when operating the door switch(drivers or pass).I found 2 other pink wires in the same harness that went pos when the switch was pushed.I figured it was type c.I hooked up a DLRM (scytek) for type C.It popped the 10 a fuse.I packed it up and sent it home and told them I'll find a solution.Help!  Thanks Russ.
BigDog
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  

The pink / YELLOW and pink/green doorlock wires are not all that easily accessible on those trucks; however they are most likely the only ones that will lock/unlock all doors.  It sounds like you may have connected to a doorlock motor lead. 

Verify that the harness you're testing actually runs into the passenger door through the boot.  It should be in the PKP, but I've also gotten the wires at the harness high in the dash behind the glovebox. 

Also just verifying, for type C you are cutting the suspect wires in half to connect, right? If you were connecting the green and blue wires from the DLRM directly to an uncut wire that would fry the fuse; also if you had them going away from the lock motors it would short as well.

C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
I usually unsnap the rubber boot in the doorjamb, and shove the boot as far into the driver's door as it'll go.........bring your aftermarket wires out there through the hole into the doorjamb.
Gives you just enough space to work. I don't like the idea of making splices right where the wires flex back and forth, but there's not much else you can do.
This works on Crown Vic/Grand Marquis/Town Car too.
corrysmtx 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
i have always managed to find the wires high in the drivers side dash up against the firewall. they have always been a pain regardless how many times ive done it tho.
1 12" mtx 9500 4ohm dvc 1 8100d and 1 1501d almost loud enough to cover the sounds of my car dying.
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
other option is to take off the curved looking piece of the dash top center of the passenger side dash. the lock relays are underneath it
russ lund 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2008 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah I cut the wires and inserted the wires from the dlrm.I did it on the other pink ones,not the pink/yel or pink green.Yes this was on the pass kick pannel and yes they ran right into the door.I knew there was a problem when I cut one of the wires and the lock/unlock still worked on the pass door.I found a pink /yel and green  high on the dash by the steering wheel but it acted the same as the ones I found in the pass kick pannel(nothing).When I get brave I'll have it come back and I'll look for the relays under the dash pannel.Thanks gang   Russ.
BigDog
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2008 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  
Keep in mind if it's type C it won't have relays - type C is switches that directly reverse the polarity of lock and unlock motor leads.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic