icon

compustar engine sensing yellow/bk wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
StealthEs 
Copper - Posts: 326
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2008 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
On the back of the third page of you install book it tells you how to change the options through a control. Looks like a real PIA though.
Cris
usabuilt 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2008 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  
Engine sensoning is the tach setting config?? Tach sensing and injector sensing would both require the starter to be set on engine sensing config, give it a shot if the relay clicks when you push the button on the module your good to go.
StealthEs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2008 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  

usabuilt wrote:
Engine sensoning is the tach setting config?? Tach sensing and injector sensing would both require the starter to be set on engine sensing config, give it a shot if the relay clicks when you push the button on the module your good to go.

Yes, I believe he's connecting at the alternator. He would have to change that setting to option 2

Cris
rhd180 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2008 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
for me the easiest way is to find two injectors. connect your yellow/black wire to the wire that is not the same between the two injectors. then follow the procedure to learn the tach signal as previous stated. if during the learn process you get more than one click. you dont have a good tach signal
dman702 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2008 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  

I connected the Yellow/Bk wire to an injector wire and pushed the button on the brain module. The siren chirp once, so it worked. Thank you guys.

I put the car in reservation mode. I pressed on the brake, activated the hand brake and removed the key from the ignition switch. The car reamain running for about a couple of minutes. I try to start the car with the remote but it doesn't crank. It opens the ignition switch to ON but it doesn't crank the starter. All I hear is a click from the brain unit and it then closes the switch. It does this 3 times.

I connected the CNI # 6 Yellow starter wire to the starter side and the yellow w/ the black line to the switch side.

ON CN2 # 5 RED / Bk (-)Starter Output where does it connect to?

dman702 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2008 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
I just realize that I need a clutch bypass. Can anyone please help me find one or can I make one?
over_boost 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2008 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  

does your vehicle start without pushing down the clutch? if it doesnt  then there should be a switch near the clutch

StealthEs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2008 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
Use the 2nd starter wire(-) from the unit, remember to place a diode inline. Wire that wire to the one that goes to ground when the clutch is pressed down. There is a harness in front of the clutch that has 2 wires.
Cris
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic