icon

08 chrysler bypass no need for xk06

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
customak47 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2008 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
Alright fellow installers sick of the lack of information Directed Electronics has given us about the new Chryslers with the Mercedes Key, I have done about ten of these vehicles with the PKUch2 and XK06 combo, with no problems, but have always wondered what the need for the xk06 was for. Apparently, the ignition switch needs to see the transponder before keysense to activate the igniton, then when the accessory drops out, the vehicle cranks. If you use a gwr for keysense and the bypass, the timing is off and the vehicle will not start. This is a PRELIMINARY solution for the timing issue, any input one way or the other will help all of us, but I have installed this solution today and the vehicle, after at least 15 starts, has worked without problems. I have been asking over and over for Directed to elaborate on the timing issue and they haven't answered anything to my satisfaction and now I think I know why. Why release a tech document that uses 3 dollars in relays when we can sell a part for 30. I hope this helps all of us make more money and conquer the intimidation that a lot of us feel from these vehicles.
My rifle is my friend...
customak47 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2008 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
08 chrysler bypass no need for xk06 - Last Post -- posted image.
My rifle is my friend...
customak47 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2008 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
sorry my post was so poorly drawn, but running short on time. middle relay pin 87 is chassis ground too. this turns the disarm pulse into a latched relay to power the transponder bypass before the gwr kicks on and the rearm shuts the latched relay off.
My rifle is my friend...
customak47 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2008 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  

08 chrysler bypass no need for xk06 - Last Post -- posted image.

Here is a little bit better diagram to understand... I had a friend say he used just the pkuch2 bypass, soldered the wires on the circuit board, ran the rs module wires right into the switch and used gwr for bypass and keysense, the vehicle started fine but had a damaged key code in the info cluster that went away when the key took over.

My rifle is my friend...
corrysmtx 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  
so if you get rid of the xk06 all together what wires off the relays go to where on circuit board from the vehicle? the diagram i have says one spot needs ignition,one needs accesory,and one needs key sense. do you just use the wires off the remote start? Sorry im asking so many questions about this.
1 12" mtx 9500 4ohm dvc 1 8100d and 1 1501d almost loud enough to cover the sounds of my car dying.
dtk1 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2008 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
just curious why you need the factory alarm rearm?
tonyberg 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2008 at 6:41 AM / IP Logged  
hmmmm...Id rather just use an Idatalink module and have all the door locks, trunk release, door triggers, etc taken care of
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2008 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
Tony, what IDATA mod do you use?  I kow you do alot of Dodge/Chry work.
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2008 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
ads-al-ca
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
tonyberg 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2008 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
We use the ADS-AL-CA, and thats it, I do mostly new chrysler and toyota since I work for a chrysler toyota scion dealer. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic