icon

2002 s10 passlock system?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
308m99 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2008 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  
anyone know the wirte colors for this.bro-in-laws truck is on the fritz,think it might be related to the passlock sys.truck was running,sitting there ideling and just died.everything seems to work like itis supposed to,just doesn't get fuel(pump works,already tested that)doesn't trigger injecters to cycle so i believe it has something to do w/passlock.anyone know of a way to test/bypass the passlock for function or does key switch need to be replaced???thanks in advance
aaronrs4 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2008 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  
The Passlock wires are Yellow, White, and Black or ORANGE / Black. I doubt that its the Passlock ires that caused it to stall though, as you can cut the resistance wire (Yellow)  once the vehicle is running and the only thing that will happen is the security light comes on. If its relateed to the electrical system at all, I would try testing the wires at the ignition and make sure that they all power up as they should. GM vehicles are known for thier faulty ignitions and ignition harness' that will just drop power to to the ignition wires and or accy. wires.
Install it like everyone will see EVERY part of it.
308m99 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2008 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
well everything seems to power up when key is on,engine will crank but no start.dump some gas into T/B and it starts.put power to test connecter and fuel pump works.that why i was thinking something to do w/passlock system.as that system(passlock)apparently disables injecters,we think it is the culprit.but will try to test key switch wires for power/accesory function.any way to bypass system to to see if that is it?(pass sys)
308m99 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2008 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  
would it be possible to bypass passlock w/PLJX modual and still use the key?????
aaronrs4 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2008 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, I'm not familliar with that specific  bypass module, but i would assume that if you grounded the wire that is connected to the ground out when running of the remote starter, it should bypass the passlock. Does the security light on the dash flash after or while your trying to start the truck?
Install it like everyone will see EVERY part of it.
308m99 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2008 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
not 100% sure on the light,he was the one trying to start it,but i think he did say it was flashingor was on,can't remember exactly.the PLJX is a self learning modual(one i purchased when i was having difficulty w/my R/S install on my colorado a couple weeks ago,which i didn't end up using,got the dip switchs figured out)so maybe will let him try that and see if that will work

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic