icon

2006 chrysler 300

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
russ lund 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2008 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
I've been trying to program a bypass(xk532) for this car and I'm having trouble with the transponder portion.That monster doesn't want to lean the transponder chip.I held the module every which way w/o  anyluck.I took the chip out of the module and held it against the antenna after the 3 rd time it took.But it will not work through the module and wraps around the antenna.I got a 2nd bypass and still the same results.I have not crossed the wraps and the module is not near any metal.Anybody else having problems with the 2nd gen systems from Chrysler? Thanks Russ.
BigDog
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 05, 2008 at 6:49 AM / IP Logged  
I have fought with several Chrysler cars when trying to program a new chip to them. But once programmed I have not had any issue with the vehicle not seeing the wrap. Did you make sure your GWR is good?
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
perly 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2008 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
I have had problems with every idatalink c-2 ring that I have used so far. I know that what I have had to do is remove the chip and then wrap the thinest gauge I can find and then solder it back into the antenna loop. One time it worked in the original place but every other time i have had to literally solder it in the antenna right beside the key cylinder. I am waiting for the day that I can find a bypass for chryslers/dodges that work first time.
My only advice is try moving it closer to the key cylinder. Now you mentioned that you tried a different bypass. Be careful cause from what tech support told me you can program a max of 4 keys(chips) and the only way to clear the chips are from the dealer.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic