icon

2nd start/accy wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
alansund 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  

Here is what I am looking at: I have the DEI tech tips 1084 (Negative 2nd Start/Accy Wiring Diagram for a 2006 Jeep Commander).  The 2nd start relay works since the start wire is a negative output from the remote start, but the accy relay does not work for me.  The Accy wire from the remote is (+) positive and the diagram is for a negative accy wire from the remote start.

How do I need to wire the relay to accommodate for the (+) positive accy wire from the remote start?  I was unable to find it from the resources on here.

Thank you for your help.

swerve 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
simple, instead of giving the relay 12 volts on the coil give it ground and you will be fine. the relay doesn't care how you power it up, if you have a + trigger make sure the other side is negative and vice versa. also what kind of RS are you using?
git yer swerve on!
alansund 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the help.  I wasn't sure if switching the power source and ground was all I needed to do.

I am using an Audiovox  APS-57.  I am newbie at this, so it is a learning experience!

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
{TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" UNABLE="on"}{T}{TR height="100%" UNABLE="on" width="100%"}{TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off"}{p}audiovox has negative outputs for additional acc, ign or start wires. look for a negative ACC output (250mA) and wire it to a relay like so.{/P}{p}85 - constant 12v{br}86 - negative acc trigger from audiovox (250mA){br}87 - constant 12v fused @ 15 amps{br}30 - to second acc wire. {/P}{/TD}{/TR}{TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1"}{TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on"}{DIV id=hotbar_promo}{/DIV}{/TD}{/TR}{/T}{/TABLE}
alansund 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  

tedmond,

Thanks for the info, do I need to use that in addition the the accessory relay shown in the DEI diagram or will your setup take care of the accessories?

I wired the relay as swerve had suggested but not all of the accy would work.  For example the door open dinger, the speakers, and the park assist were not working. 

I see in the audiovox wiring diagram a negative output with a 300 mA max current, I assume that is the one you are talking about. (For reference, I am installing the Audiovox APS-57)

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2008 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
did you finish up the install yet?  tell us how it went and did the instuctions i sent to your PM help?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic