icon

legacy amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Tintnmoreok 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  

We've carried Legacy Amps for years but recently found ourselves in a situation we just cannot figure out.  We recently purchased some replacement Legacy Amps (Rebel) series.  We hooked them up to our display and blew every one of them.  We checked our wiring and it all checked out OK.  We even hooked them up to different stations on the display which were working with different brand of amps.  Still we couldn't get them to come on.  We even hooked up a different amp to the first station where we generally display the Legacy amp.  The new amp worked fine but the Legacy amps still would not.  We've now gone through five Legacy amps with no success with any of them.  Does anybody have any ideas?

thanks

jim 

Tint 'N More
n2audio 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  

sounds like a factory defect to me -- call them.

noobgalore 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
yeah mabey they were dropped in transit or something sounds odd
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
They are not the most reliable brand out there if you didn't know that. It doesn't surprise me that they had a bad batch. I have not touched any amp made by Legacy since 1999 or so.
I would send them back and exchange them for something else.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
ibasspro 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
drop legacy & pick up Interfire. I sold over 500 of their amps before I even saw 1 that had stopped working. Sold them for 4 years before I even had to warranty one......well we warrantied 4, that we used for SPL, & took the over voltage protect off, after WF we sent them in for new ones. You Cannot go wrong with this company. Them & Zapco are the 2 best small amp makers in the bizz as far as I am concerned. Interfire for entry mid level, Zapco for mid to higher end.
used to be loud, used to be fast...now I am married LOL

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic