icon

mp3 players in car? whats the deal

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
raverx3m 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
the ipod has been integrated in almost every car stereo i know of, even OEM units
but theres plenty of other mp3 players that can function as a storage and possibly used thru USB interface to connect to a stereo.
why is there nothing available besides those damn tape adapters and fm transmitters?
alpine came out with a usb adapter but its a waste since its very slow and limited
kenwood did too but in their case i still have to plug in the rca input for sound
2 years now ive been waiting apd praying that someone makes a cd player that i can hook up my mp3 player to and control it from the head unit like ipod( i dont want to buy an ipod thank you)
is it apple's plan to cut off all the other mp3 players from car market or whats going on? anyone know?
still_walkin 
Silver - Posts: 644
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 4:52 AM / IP Logged  
i agreee with you i hate ipods i have a jvc kd-adv 6270 and i plugged my sidekick 3 up to it and i can only listent to all the songs accordding to the artist A-Z or shiffle i know it suck or i can use a flash drive same story. i havent heard anything yet. i think its a waste to pay 300 for a ipod when i can have a flash drive or another mp3 player do the same for a lower price any suggestions anyone
1993 sdv
Alpine 4x6 6x9 5 1/4 swr-10d4
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
Nettop pc w/10" touch screen
78nova
5-re audio 5x7 ,10" sub &
Xtx-500.5
"Take the faceplate off get the jumperpack"
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  
I was of the same mind as both of you, but sadly, I have made my peace... mp3 players in car? whats the deal - Last Post -- posted image.
Good luck in your search! If I had some suggestions, I'd put 'em out for you, but I hate mp3 in general... So I simply don't look for that in my list of specs when searching for a head unit.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
kassdog 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  

And whats the deal with airline food.

Sorry had to

raverx3m 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
lol so does apple have contract with all the manufacturers like alpine and sony that are making units ipod compatible by default?
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  

raverx3m wrote:
so does apple have contract with all the manufacturers like alpine and sony that are making units ipod compatible

You better believe it.  Steve Jobs could sell ice to an eskimo.  Anytime you see the word "Ipod" on something that isn't made by Apple, you best believe Apple recieved a check.

raverx3m wrote:
is it apple's plan to cut off all the other mp3 players from car market or whats going on

Well - I think Apple is as overwhelmed as anyone regarding the success of the Ipod - indeed, Steve Jobs turned down stock options a few years before the critical success of this device that cost him, personaly, some $3 billion.

Indeed, it isn't Apple - car manufacturers, and now car audio manufacturers - are scrambling over each other to build this functionality into thier cars and mobile devices - customers demand it.  Open your Yellow Pages to "Car Audio" and note all the large ads that say "Factory-Ipod Integration!"

Anyway - if I were you, I'd just get an MP3 compatible CD player and play them off CD-ROM's - that's what I do.  I never listen to music anywhere except my car tho so..

"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
All you need to use a non-iPod MP3 player in the car is an aux input...
Support the12volt.com
ibasspro 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  

x2, & some of the 08 pioneers comes with USB, as well as the 6800 from last year (as I remember).

headphone out to aux in for everything else.

OR just put the MP3's on yer phone & blue tooth it in, hell even Sony will do that.

used to be loud, used to be fast...now I am married LOL
hustlin247 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2008 at 1:15 AM / IP Logged  
Get a head unit that plays MP3 DVD's (like the one in my signature). A dual layer DVD is 8GB, more than many MP3 players and then you don't have a little device plugged into your dash.
'94 Ford Explorer / Kenwood KVT-815DVD / RF Power T1682C 6x8 (all doors) / RF Power T10001 / 12" Kicker L5 (x4) / Optima Yellow Top Battery

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic