icon

powered sub in convertible?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Dragorus 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
Just need some input on which is the best powered sub that will make it's way into the cabin of a 2001 Sebring Convertible?...Been looking at Infinity Basslink, MTX, Bazooka etc. I just want to be able to get good bass through my convertible. I have no way to port it into the cabin but rather need a simple solution with built in amp. And I don't want to Take up the whole trunk space. I currently have Polk Momo 6.5 components in the doors and Infinity Kappa 6x9 in rear all powered by a 111rms x 4 Infinity amp. Any sugestions is greatly appreciated. I just hope that with the seats not being the fold down type that I would even hear the bass from a self powered sub system.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  
If you're going to use a powered sub, put it up front in the cabin somewhere.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Dragorus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged  
Unfortunately there is absolutely no room in a 2001 sebring Conv. to put anything in the cabin. What do you recomend then?
Dragorus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2008 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
Any help?
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 15, 2008 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  

If it's just me whose gonna answer, I say start customizing that car.  Anything (within reason, of course) can fit if you want it to fit.

I'd be checking out that fiberglassing forum for ideas if I were in your shoes.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Dragorus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2008 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
Thank god someone with some advice. I have had a show car that was done up likethat but this time around i'm going conservative and stealthy..I got Kappa 3 way 6x9 in the rear side panels in factory location behind fact. grille, And 6.5 MOMO's in the doors with tweeter mounted in a 6x9 adapter in fact. location with fact. Grilles. Now all I need is a sub solution but don't know which to get. I think the Basslink II has the most power for an integrated sub but will I hear it at a nice level from within the trunk?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic