the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

directed d1200 amp? hate it or love it?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rrcustom 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 3:32 AM / IP Logged  
haemphyst wrote:
Generally, not a fantastic product, I suppose they're OK for the $$$ laid out for 'em... I'd never buy one though.
Suggestions? I need an amp to push 600 watts RMS x 1 channel @ 2 ohms...
chucksnee 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  
JBL 600.1
Maybe a very good choice?
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
I'd suggest SERIOUSLY the Alpine PDX1.600 (As an example, my PDX1.1000 was "birth certificated" at 1176 watts)
A REAL 600 watts, into 2 or 4 ohms, small, efficient, and QUALITY to boot... A nod to the JL and JBL are deserved, as well.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
rrcustom 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
chucksnee wrote:
JBL 600.1
Never used JBL before...
specs are standard...
300w RMS x 1 @ 4ohms
600w RMS x 1 @ 2ohms
rrcustom 
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
haemphyst wrote:
I'd suggest SERIOUSLY the Alpine PDX1.600 (As an example, my PDX1.1000 was "birth certificated" at 1176 watts)
A REAL 600 watts, into 2 or 4 ohms, small, efficient, and QUALITY to boot... A nod to the JL and JBL are deserved, as well.
The "birth certificates" are great to authenticate your amp!
Wish I could find someone here on the forum to prove if that particular amp, Directed D1200, were atleast worth something....
Thanks for the input...alpine's are super pricey for the current project I am on, but then again you get what you pay for...
Alpine better than rocford fosgate in your opinion?
tubbs04 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
the alpine will produce a much cleaner sound than what either the directed or rockford would. It's always worth the extra money to get the good stuff.
...don't crush the weasel...
rrcustom 
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
tubbs04 wrote:
the alpine will produce a much cleaner sound than what either the directed or rockford would. It's always worth the extra money to get the good stuff.
Sadly enough it is so true...spend the extra $$$ and do it right ;-)
So like I stated in the earlier part of this post...I have the VS12L5 Kicker box with sub, basically just the Kicker S12L5 sub with vented kicker box....you think the alpine amp is the best choice???
I was looking at the kicker 600.1...thoughts?
chucksnee 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
rrcustom wrote:
chucksnee wrote:
JBL 600.1
Never used JBL before...
specs are standard...
300w RMS x 1 @ 4ohms
600w RMS x 1 @ 2ohms
Yes, but they are considered to be true watts...basically it will push more than what is stated
rrcustom 
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
Still haven't entirely decided on the VS12L5 box.
I do ALREADY have a Dual Kicker 10" sealed box that I do not use and would like to use. Although I do want to up to a 12" for my current project...
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 7:35 AM / IP Logged  
rrcustom wrote:
Alpine better than rocford fosgate in your opinion?
...and always has been.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic