icon

add on remote start to factory alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
copekyle 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, I'm having troubles with this install and my uncle has owned a stereo shop for 26 years and he couldn't figure it out either... so someone HELP!!!
I recently installed an Ultra Start U115TL. It's designed as a remote start to add on to a factory alarm system. Everything is hooked up exactly as it says. The problem is that the trigger will not trigger. It's a positive trigger and so if I tap it on a 12V source, it will start. But when I add it into the lock system (lock system negative trigger so I use relay to change polarity), I push the lock button on the remote and it won't trigger. The relay I used closes but it still won't trigger. But if I push the lock button in the car, the car will remote start. It's like the pulse isn't large enough from the remote?? Does anyone have any ideas? Has anyone done an install like this?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
Please..... year make model...
copekyle 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
oh... I apologize... it's a 2000 Firebird. VATS system is bypassed.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
You should be connecting to the (+) drivers door lock motor wire. Its a (+) output, not (-). You are connected to a wire that only gets activated when hitting the switch in the car. Assuming the Ultra has a (+) trigger input, no relay will be needed once you connect to the right wire.
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
Lock motor wire is gray(+) at green plug in bcm.The BCM is located in the passenger kick, just in front of the blower motor. You should also be able to get it at the drivers door harness. When you push lock on the door switch, or lock on the factory transmitter, the wire will show 12v.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic