icon

xk04 wont program on 03 excursion

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
i wasted a good hour of my life yesterday trying to get an xk04 module to program to the factory immobilizer. I've used dozens of these modules in the past without any problems, but on this vehicle for some reason as soon as i would plug in the xk04 module the factory THEFT light would start flashing rapidly. I had the proper wires on the factory 4 pin plug, WHITE/ green gray/orange iirc, and the other 2 wires were ignition and ground. I tried switching around the TX and RX and it would still do the same thing, flash the factory THEFT light rapidly. I had a solid ground and ignition source and i even tried disconnecting the ground while running on the xk04. the xk04 had the proper firmware and i even tried using another xk04 thinking the module might have been bad. what am i missing here? and i tried resetting the module by holding down the button while plugging in the main harness.
Mike Battaglia
Specialized Car Audio
Bensenville IL 60106
lsondubz 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2008 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
Try calling Trilogix?
pepboy 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2008 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  
did you ever fiqure out why this happened i am having the same problem right now also.
pepboys
mxxmikexx 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2008 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
I never called trilogix. from all the info i got from other installers this is a common problem only on the excursions when trying to use the trilogix piece. everyone says to use the fortin piece and you wont have a problem. This is for our shop truck, so right now i havent even touched it in a week. you can try calling trilogix (1-877-212-8058) if you have no other alternative, i would be interested to hear what they have to say, but not interested enough to actaully call myself bbecause the bottom line is the fact that it doesnt work!
Mike Battaglia
Specialized Car Audio
Bensenville IL 60106
caraudio904 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2008 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
I think i ran into a simlar problem once. I acutually had to use the other side of the harness with the RX TX its was the wierdest thing it did not work unless it was on the other side of the harness (Side away from steering column) Called trillogix and it was varified as correct ford works crazy although it looks to be the same wires they reverse them on the other side of the harness even using different colors
Southern Stylez
Jacksonville, FL 32218
mxxmikexx 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2008 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  
i tagged onto the vehicle side of the connector (read: the plug that was by the steering column, i used the side of the plug away from the steering column) i know i had the right wires, because the other 2 were the ignition and ground, and i tried "flip flopping" the TX and RX
Mike Battaglia
Specialized Car Audio
Bensenville IL 60106
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 05, 2008 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
i just had a similar problem... i had to disconnect the GWR until the last stage, when you go to R/S the vehicle then re-plug it in and go.... but with it in circuit it wouldnt program... probably getting a slight trickle of ground from the unit.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2008 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  

maybe using a relay to trigger the bypass might fix the problem. the unit is probably sending slight grounds to the XK04 like kgerry mentioned. this is c/p from bypasskits troubleshooting dtabase. i remember another member posted something like this and it worked for them as well.

85 - ground

86 - ignition
87 - XK04 Green tx wire
30 - cars tx wire

mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2008 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:

maybe using a relay to trigger the bypass might fix the problem. the unit is probably sending slight grounds to the XK04 like kgerry mentioned. this is c/p from bypasskits troubleshooting dtabase. i remember another member posted something like this and it worked for them as well.

85 - ground

86 - ignition
87 - XK04 Green tx wire
30 - cars tx wire

I had to do this relay setup on the last excursion I did. Had the same problem before, and this worked like a charm
pepboy 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2008 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  

so are you saying to put the connections from the pats on the side of the harnness that leads to the computer not the side that goes directly to the pats ? how does that work ? if there all the same wire ? or am i miss understanding you.?

the only thing i found out is that on the excursion the PATS connector is "B" type not "A" as the instructions state.

pepboys

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic