icon

15 kicker l7 custom box

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thegage 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
I need some help/advice for making a box for one 15" Kicker L7.
Heres a pic of my current setup.
15 kicker l7 custom box - Last Post -- posted image.
As you can see the box is huge, and the one for the L7 will be about
the same size(around 5 cubic feet total) so I am still debating which
way to face the sub. I have been trying to think of the best way to make the trunk clean, and sound the best but I keep coming up short. I have been wanting to make a wedge box and face it toward the front but I don't know where to look for a design, and truthfully don't know how effective it will be. Any Ideas?
h22lude 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
I have always had the best luck facing the box backwards towards the trunk lid if you want it as loud as possible that way it has sumthign to reflect off of but as long as there is at least like a 6 inch space between the box and the trunk lid... and since ur using a 15 thats what im assuming you want..  the downside of it is you will get alot more rattling from the trunk lid..  if you face it foward alot of the rattling will go away but sound will too.  i don't see much of advantage to making a wedge box in your situation.  i think square will be the most efficient spacewise so that you can get the volume you need. 
alex_crys 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2008 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
How deep does the L7 go (length wise from cone to magnet) Depending on the length of it u might be able to do a subfloor for (raise the floor of ur trunk up ) looks clean and sub firing straight up usually sounds pretty damn good and u can always angle it from there just a thought .......me personally i hate square boxes throw a lil creativity in it take pride in ur ride
bsumpter05 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2008 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  

Here was my setup in my prix

[IMG]https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/bsumpter/DSC00126.jpg[/IMG]

bsumpter05 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2008 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
davngr 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2008 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  

best to face it backwards towards the trunk and i have found the L7 sound best in ported boxes.   i recomend following the instructions the woofers come with for box dimensions to a T.  those woffers have great output, but are very picky about their eclosure/port dimensions.  just a heads up before you slap something thogher.  good luck with your project

life is a comedy to think, a tragedy to feel
orgio 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2008 at 1:08 AM / IP Logged  
I use a 6.6 cubic foot sealed box(that includes the sub) with a slanted front panel. It sounds the best when it faces away from the driver. I find it is loudest this way, as far as the sealed boxes go. Vented ones are much louder but they tend to be more boomy and are harder to construct perfectly
lol wut?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic