icon

has anyone tried the re sx 12''?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2008 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
yes guys, has anyone tried the RE SX 12" in 1.75ft^3 tuned at 33-34Hz?
how will it sound on the lows, and the SPL?
how you compare it against it in a 2.0ft^3 box tuned at 35hz will the 2.0ft^3 @35Hz play lower and louder than it in the 1.75ft^3 @ 33-34Hz Box, even that the smaller box is tuned lower?
On RE sites they recommend 1.5ft^3 @35Hz and 2.0ft^3 @ 33Hz why is this?
isn't the bigger box better for the lows, so why tune it so low? Isn't it better to tune the 1.5ft^3 @ 33Hz to get the lows of it compare it at 35Hz and the 2.0ft^3 @ 35Hz compare it at 33Hz?
this part I don't understand, I've always thought that a bigger box is better for the lows and the smaller box better for the upper Bass(SPL) so that's why I've always thought a bigger box is better to tune it higher compare to a smaller box, can anyone explain me this?
And is 34hz tune a good daily freq for rap/ rock and every kind of music and SPL, will it play low enough, louder and punchy Bass?
Thanks.
Shaking The Neighborhood
tubbs04 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2008 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  

can't tell you the exact size of the box or what it was tuned too, but a buddy of mine had 2 in a camaro with a usamp xt4000d on each one and it was the sickest thing I've heard in a long damn time...

...don't crush the weasel...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic