icon

honda ridgeline radio interference

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xscash 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2008 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  

a client of mine called today with an unusal problem. 07 ridgline that they installed a headliner tv in was receiving radio interference when in the down/open position. it didnt matter if the tv was on or off or if the fm mod was on or off. the instant the tv opened from the roof more than an inch it would disrupt  the clear signal of the fm radio. ive scheduled a consultation tomorrow, but thouht i would see if any of you have seen this before.

xs

expandable sound
south of boston
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2008 at 5:03 AM / IP Logged  
Methinks interferance coming down head units aerial lead and you may need to move some cables around or locally ground cables to monitor.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2008 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
it could be that the unit is defective. could be a broken flex cable from th eunit into the monitor so its picking/emmiting noise. Try connecting a ground isolator and see if it goes away. if not replcace the headliner dvd/tv
xscash 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2008 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  

update,

stopped at the shop to trouble shoot.... they never tried to remove the fm to see if that was the culprit. shur-enough, i removed the fm mod(wired in) and the problem went away. it seems the hond antena adapters for that vehicle are not so good. so i sheilded the entire power/av wires in the headliner and instructed them to use a wireless fm mod.

thanks for the help, and i hope this helps somone else.

xs

expandable sound
south of boston
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2008 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
Does the ridgeline have an AUX input? If so, they will get way better sound quality than a wireless fm mod.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic