icon

remote start on 99 gmc

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dumbbitch 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
i have remote start on my 99 gmc truck and whenever i try to start it the factory security system wont let it start        what do i need to do to bypass it
russ lund 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
You could use a PLXR or a GMBP from bypass kit.
BigDog
racing_bidule 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  

You have to use a Passlock II bypass module.

iDataLink offers a module which does all the different variations of passlock or any other analog Passlock bypass of your choice.

http://www.idatalink.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=8&make=&model=&year=&carid=1254

If you fail on your first attempt, at least destroy all evidence you tried!
dumbbitch 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2008 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
i accidently cut the wires for the passlock 2 system on my 99 gmc         i cut them between the resistors and the lock cylinder       there isnt enough wire for me to just put them back together       what canm i do     its 11 here and i dont have
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2008 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
well the only thing you can try is this. Get them to touch temporarily and start car. With engine on disconnect connection. Shut the car off. See if you can start car again without those wires touching. If you can you have put it into a short term bypass mode while that circuit has an error. Then take it to have the ignition connection replaced as soon as possible.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
dumbbitch 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2008 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
ok sorry about how bad my typing was on that post i am freaking out about this  and didnt notice any of it       i have tried touching wires together and that didnt work     any other suggestions
dumbbitch 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2008 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
i got my not starting problem fixxed but now i have a new problem     my truck wont turn off lol    if i remote start it and then turn the key on it wont turn off unless i pull the fuse out under the hood for the ignition     if i start it with the key its fine and if i remote start it and remote kill it its fine but if i remote start it and then try to go somewhere and turn it off with the key it wont turn off   what do i do
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2008 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  
dont use remote start until your problem gets repaired by someone who will replace the messed up parts in your ignition cylinder.
did you hook up brake trigger to shut off the remote start?
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic