icon

upgraded pop trunk

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
still_walkin 
Silver - Posts: 644
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2008 at 5:51 AM / IP Logged  
has anyone upgraded the pop trunk to actuators or puenmatic pumps on their car . also where did you place them and where did you get the pumps or acutators
1993 sdv
Alpine 4x6 6x9 5 1/4 swr-10d4
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
Nettop pc w/10" touch screen
78nova
5-re audio 5x7 ,10" sub &
Xtx-500.5
"Take the faceplate off get the jumperpack"
hottwhyrd 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2008 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  

lol its funny how trunk pop means regular trunk popping open but  pop trunk?  pop my pop my pop my trunk n yep yep yep-

i have done it and ive seen it done to a couple of other cars.  it all depends on the weight of the trunk lid and all the extras you add on to it.  the one i did has a 32 in home tv on the trunk lid and with the bracket and the fiberglass its pretty damn heavy.  so i needed 2 actuators that were like 300 pounds a peice (if i remember right) as far as where to get them just search the interweb! i think those fishdrive ones are nice

as far as where to put them thats a pretty technical question to be answering online.  the trunk has bars and hinges so typically puttings the actuator onto the bars is the best way. i have seen cars that they atach to the trunk lid itself.   

word to the wise.       this "mod" is about as stupid as lambo doors.   when an actuator goes out ur screwed.  if the trunk gets out of alignment (pretty easy to do) it can spell disaster.  heres a pic the rest wont show so heres a link to some more

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7961  its tha infiniti at the bottom of the post.  i have a movie of it doing its "pop trunk" but i havnt uploaded it yet

upgraded pop trunk - Last Post -- posted image.

still_walkin 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2008 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
I kinda agree with you and don't . I'm wasn't going for a extra 300 pounds on the lid. It was more like 20 lbs. Also I agree wit u it was a an anwser that really can't be answered. But the anwser I was looking for is where to mount them and if peunmatic cylinders or actuators were used.
1993 sdv
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
78nova
Xtx-500.5
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2008 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
This I suppose is for the car with 6x9's mounted to the under lid for trunk traveling passengers enjoyment. upgraded pop trunk - Last Post -- posted image.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
still_walkin 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2008 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
techman93 wrote:
This I suppose is for the car with 6x9's mounted to the under lid for trunk traveling passengers enjoyment. upgraded pop trunk - Last Post -- posted image.
Lol naw I took those 6x9s off I'm putting somethin else can't tell u till its done. I'm actually redo my whole audio system. The audiobahn subs and front/rears are getting gut out. The rear 6x9 I blew them;) but I plan to replace my frnt/rear wit alpine and subs alpine. What u think of the midpoint of my project
1993 sdv
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
78nova
Xtx-500.5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic