icon

headliner fg project

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joyrydn 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2008 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
im thinking 2 layers should be sufficient. i am moving slow at it right now cause i gotta lotta crap to do round here. so i will be working on it this weekend for sure to get the 2nd layer on.
Make it Euro'n!!!
bellsracer 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 1:55 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry for the late response joyrydn. I have been BUSY with work and as soon as I get home... SMACK! Bed...

Sounds like an interesting adventure in learning about FG... As for layers... how thick is everything so far? In my opinion (please no one get annoyed or what not) It's not so much the number of layers, but how thick the glass/resin work is.

Keep us up to date

Ganbatte ne!

Never send your ducks to eagle school.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.
The 3Ls of life: Learn from the Past, Live for the Present, Look to the Future.
joyrydn 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  

its 1/8 inch. im gonna add the 2nd layer, but im going a little slow right now, i gotta a show to attend on sunday. and unfortunately my grandpa probably wont make it through the weekend.  so it may be a little while before i get back to glassin this next week, sorry to all of you who are waiting on pics, its been a bad week. i will keep you posted though.  please keep my fam in your thoughts and prayers. i will check in within the next few days though.

Jeremy

Make it Euro'n!!!
evol E 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2008 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. I fully understand times like this. I'm sure everyone understands as well, so take your time. Best wishes to you and your family.

Eric.

joyrydn 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2008 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  

thanks eric, he did pass away early this morning.  so i am a little tense right now prolly get some sanding in since it seems to work better when you need to vent.  so this next week i promise i will have an update for everyone.  so i will be back on here next week my friends, hope all is well on your end,

Jeremy

Make it Euro'n!!!
bikeboy008 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2008 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
  All is well here, I am so sorry to hear of your Grandpa s  passing.  I remember when mine passed bad time.  But be thankful he is in a much better place.........  My heart goes out to you brother..........
joyrydn 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2008 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
thanks man
Make it Euro'n!!!
bellsracer 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2008 at 6:04 AM / IP Logged  
My prayers are with you all
Never send your ducks to eagle school.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.
The 3Ls of life: Learn from the Past, Live for the Present, Look to the Future.
joyrydn 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2008 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
thanks bellsracer, we're hangin in there
Make it Euro'n!!!
joyrydn 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2008 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
ok, i am so terribly sorry for keeping everyone waiting.. i see since the last time i logged in here i have over 3,000 new views on this topic.  wow!  that make me so happy. anyway, i did get my 2nd layer done and it is strong.  i have begun sanding and am half way through that and yes, i have been taking progress pics and will post them when the sanding is done. i also have a thread on here somewhere about shaving my tailgate and will be posting those pics on this thread from here on out, as i have been working on them at thesame time.  i will be working on filling soon and of course more sanding.  so for those of you who hate sanding do not do your own headliner it is a pain, but fun i suppose.  but a full size extended cab truck, now thats a whole lotta headliner!.... so look forward to seeing pics next week if you havent givin up on me yet, im still here!
Make it Euro'n!!!
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic