icon

obscure movie references

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2008 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
The first two are from "The Hollywood Knights" The third is from "Animal House".
Big Dave
theetimurban 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2008 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
"Listen pumpkin. You've really got to get some medical attention. Those gut shots have the nastiest tendency to fester. And... I'm really sorry we had to meet this way."

My brain must be fried... I've been at work 40 out of the last 48 hours. You got me with this one holmes.

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2008 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
Sweet! I KNEW I'd get you eventually! (And believe me, I've been there! I spent 4 days in my office over a long weekend rebuilding a domain, 35 workstations, and installing my EMR... Believe me, I've been there!)
Perhaps the WORST John Candy movie, ever, and sadly his last. RIP, John. (And I watched that WHOLE thing, to get that line!)
Wagons East. John C. McGinley at his most HILARIOUS!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
theetimurban 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2008 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  

Ahhh!! Jeeeez, I can not believe it. Wagons East. Who'da-thunk-it? But really? You think that one was his worst? You sure you haven't forgotten Uncle Buck?

haemphyst 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2008 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
theetimurban wrote:

Ahhh!! Jeeeez, I can not believe it. Wagons East. Who'da-thunk-it? But really? You think that one was his worst? You sure you haven't forgotten Uncle Buck?

Whaaa...??? I LOVED Uncle Buck. No, I didn't forget UB, but I *did* forget Spaceballs. Sure, UB wasn't Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, but still a pretty darn good movie. While it was very representative of the cheezy, campy, predictable John Hughes flick of the genere, and granted it WAS the first of the John Hughes "formulaic, coming of age" teenie bopper flicks, I still loved it. Maybe it's because Macaulay Culkin was still a cute little kid. Dunno.
As a side note, I do mark Uncle Buck as the beginning of the end for JH. From this point on, I feel he put too much "fingerprint" on the movies he was associated with - too damn "family friendly". Before? mmm... not so much.
"The moose out front shoulda told you." I love that line!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  

I liked UB because he didn't take any crap from "Bug". And I loved his car. Bang!!

Big Dave
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2008 at 2:35 AM / IP Logged  

"The Pope may be French but Jesus was English, Your On"

There is one that might not be obscure but wasnt said by the lead character so it might be a little tougher. If this thread picks up some steam than Ill start breaking out some really hard ones, I have at least one that I am saving for now

double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
theetimurban 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2008 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  

A Knights Tale... The character was Roland as played by Mark Addy, who brought us other gems such as,  Around the World in 80 Days, The Time Machine, and my personal favorite role was his character "Bill" in the TV series, Still Standing, where he played the quintessential sitcom father figure..

Here we go again Haem, had movie night with some friends last night and picked up these beauties:

1) Here cousin. Looks like you could use a swig of this. It's good for what ails ya.

2) Wait a minute! I sawed off this head and you're not even gonna use it?

3) One thing I've learned in the last seven years, in every game and con there's always an opponent and there's always a victim. The trick is to know when you're the latter so you can become the former.

Have at!

haemphyst 
Posted: May 15, 2008 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
Never saw Knight's Tale... Didn't have that one at all.
First one... I'm lost. Nothin.
Second one... 8 Heads in a Duffel Bag. LOVED it. Joe Pesci as Tommy Spinelli! He's a favorite actor of mine. "I fit in better'n you. (At) least I'm wearin' cowboy boots!" LOL
Third one... (And I'm not sure of this one - I'm at work, so no way to confirm...) Revolver? It's been a while since I saw it, but that sounds about right.
theetimurban 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2008 at 2:20 AM / IP Logged  
Ahh, the first is my child-hood favorite, The Rescuers. Number 2 definitely is 8 Heads in a Duffel Bag ( 1 of 4 David Spade roles I didn't hate). And Numero 3 is in fact Revolver.
Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic