icon

new phoenix gold?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cb11044 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2008 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  

I have been seeing a lot of people still highly reccomending phoenix gold products.  Just wondering if any of you guys are actually using any of the new product line.  I work in a large retail store, and we got a shipment of the new stuff about six months ago.  We also sell kicker, hifonics, and crunch.  More stuff too, but as far as amps go these are the top sellers.  The crunch stuff, I would not put in my car, but for a lot of my customers it fits the budget and usually performs pretty well.  Hifonics I really like, regardless of a lot of other peoples opinions, I have had extremely good luck with them.  If you can afford a kicker pricetag, by all means do it.  They make an outstanding product, but they have a pricetag to show it.

Anyways sorry I got a lil off topic.  The new phonix line just doesn't do it for me.  I actually like the crunch amps better.  All we are carrying is the ryval line which I understand is their entry level line but all of the stuff sounds like garbage.  Speakers are paper cone, handle very little power, and seem to have almost no dynamic range. Amps, seem to always keep me looking for more.   I am still seeing people recomend them over other stuff I have found to be a lot better, and am just curious if anyone is actually using the stuff.

I was a huge fan of phonix gold back in the day, but they have been gone from the market for a while and it just seems like they came back on the market with a line of garbage and think people will buy it for the name. 

sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2008 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  

I don't really know one way or the other - but I agree that the latest stuff from PG doesn't look terribly exciting to say the least. . . .

"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
chillin420 
Copper - Posts: 236
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2008 at 1:33 AM / IP Logged  
you work at frys  huh...  i am not very fond of them either... i love their old school stuff such as the tantrum and such.  vut new stuff isnt  designed very well...  poor product. 
you can do it....
advanced MECP, lol does it really matter....
patience is a virtue
lookwuticando 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2008 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  

I don't like the PG Ryval 2-channel I just got, sounds really harsh and tinny....hence until I find something else my stereo stays off....not a pleasure to listen to in my opinion

cb11044 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2008 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
Fry's? uh, no comment.  I wish to remain anonymous.  :)  Don't want to get in trouble with the reps or anything.  And I do still sell the stuff regardless of my personal opinions.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic