the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 ford expedition, dvd integration

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
meh66 
Copper - Posts: 266
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2008 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,

Does anyone know how I could integrate the existing DVD player and monitor to an after market DVD player? I plan on putting an eclipse nav/dvd head  system..have not decided on the model yet. However want to integrate it with factory DVD player and monitor. I called installer.com to see if they made a module since it appears the output of factory DVD is databus. I also know that the factory CD changer can not be used. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

MEH66
"Car Performance and Mobile Electronic Enthusiats"
davngr 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2008 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
i have integrated factory video systems into after market soundsystems, that being said it's highly tedious labor and your factory warranty will be void.  i always recommend replacing factory screens(they are usually small) and upgrading to a headunit with dvd player. if you PM me i dont mind giving you the basics on how to integrate into the factory video but rather not post it since it's border line hack work.
life is a comedy to think, a tragedy to feel
meh66 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2008 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
I just found out that metra makes a harness that integrates the rear video. 70-5520AV. I will be trying this shortly and will let everyone know how I made out. Just so you know, this video integration harness is in addition to the regular harness you need to integrate the after market head unit to vehicle.
MEH66
meh66 
Posted: April 02, 2008 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
Update...I talked to a second metra tech and he said that harness(70-5520AV) only works on the 04 to 06. I also found out that 03 with navigation is not a standard double din..so it looks like a custom job. Sorry for the confusion.
MEH66
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2008 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
An aftermarket Nav is easy in that truck. I have an old article from Mobile Electronics that shows you exactly how it's done. It's in my work van, i'll see if i can dig it out and scan it if you want...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
meh66 
Posted: April 04, 2008 at 7:50 AM / IP Logged  
Hello Mike M2.......I would appreciate if you would scan that article. I will pm you with my email unless you want to share it with everyone.
MEH66
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 6:41 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry for taking a while, don't get on this site much anymore. Let me see what i can do after work today...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2008 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  

http://my.boatus.com/memberPhotos/3814213_5_63932.BMP

This says Navigator but the Expedition is the same...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic