icon

pacifica 7dvd upgrade to larger screen

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
makro 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2008 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica with the in - dash, 6 disk DVD player and the rear seat 7" flip down video screen. Can anyone give me some guidance on the complexity of this project? Is there a plug-compatible installation where I can install a larger 10" to 15" screen.
Thanks for the help.
Big time amateur!
cb11044 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2008 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
I have not seen a plug to integrate into the factory video systems yet.  I did have a similar situation a couple of years ago though.  It was a dodge van I believe, came with a factory dvd player but no screen.  I tapped into the video out from the dvd player and made a set of rca's to go to the new screen.  It was a pain, took a couple of hours to figure out which wires to use.  I can't remember exactly what I did, I think it was just trial and error.  I looked at the plug and took two wires that I thought might be the video out, cut a video rca cord and just ran with it.  Probably a real easy way to fry something but it did eventually work.  You might check to see if they have wiring diagrams for those things yet, I could not find one for the specific car I worked on.  Hope this helps.
makro 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2008 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks very much. Since there are no controls on the DVD screen, I would have to guess that there is not much going into the screen but video. I know the headset RF is driven by the front deck.
I did find a wiring schematic for the stereo but did not see any hints as to the video signal.
I may just have to wing it like you did. Thanks.
Big time amateur!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic