icon

remote start, 1994 mazda rx7

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
katit 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2008 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  

After reading through description of this wire again - I finally got it. Doesn't make much sense to me. I will have

1. Hood pin switch (can pull hood lever open)

2. Neutral switch

3. Brake switch.

All those should shut down car.

This button can be used as a "START" button in a car  I guess. Put key in ON position, push button and go :). The problem with it is that I like 2 pulse (default) setting for additional safety and this button work exactly as remote, so I can't start car from 1 push. So. I will just skip on it.

katit 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2008 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  

Results so far...

I got door solenoid and trunk pop working. Used disarm wire to disable factory alarm and everything works just fine in regards to keyless.

Few things that I would like answer:

1. I can't program this system. Basically, I can't activate programming menu. Manual says to cycle ingnition ON and then OFF. I don't have "OFF" position and I just cycle it back to the position where I can take key off(LOCK). After that I press valet button and wait. Nothing happens :( What could be the reason? How long should I push button for? I kept it pressed for like 20 seconds

I hate those automatic door lock/unlock with ignition on/off. I will cure it if I can get to programming.

2. I do like idea of horn honk but I hate how it sounds with my horn. Is there any way to make it sound like my BMW? Like "pheeew" instead of "honk". For now I may even disable it.

3. I did not connect tach wire or brake wire or hood. I only hooked up newtral switch to the ground for testing of remote start. I get some action in terms of blinking, relay clicking, fuel pump buzz but no starter! Can it be related to factory starter switch? What else? I would check error code, but again, no action from vallet switch..

4. Factory alarm. It disarms it automatically (I used disarm wire). It's very nice that Viper also sends(-) to disarm when I use trunk pop(validity channel). But if I try to close door after opening using remote (without physically opening door) - factory alarm wouldn't arm. I beleive it wants door to be opened and then closed. Then it will arm. How do I cure this situation and is it common issue?

Thanks a lot in advance!

AirWaveGT 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2008 at 2:07 AM / IP Logged  
katit wrote:

Results so far...

I got door solenoid and trunk pop working. Used disarm wire to disable factory alarm and everything works just fine in regards to keyless.

Few things that I would like answer:

1. I can't program this system. Basically, I can't activate programming menu. Manual says to cycle ingnition ON and then OFF. I don't have "OFF" position and I just cycle it back to the position where I can take key off(LOCK). After that I press valet button and wait. Nothing happens :( What could be the reason? How long should I push button for? I kept it pressed for like 20 seconds

I hate those automatic door lock/unlock with ignition on/off. I will cure it if I can get to programming.

2. I do like idea of horn honk but I hate how it sounds with my horn. Is there any way to make it sound like my BMW? Like "pheeew" instead of "honk". For now I may even disable it.

3. I did not connect tach wire or brake wire or hood. I only hooked up newtral switch to the ground for testing of remote start. I get some action in terms of blinking, relay clicking, fuel pump buzz but no starter! Can it be related to factory starter switch? What else? I would check error code, but again, no action from vallet switch..

4. Factory alarm. It disarms it automatically (I used disarm wire). It's very nice that Viper also sends(-) to disarm when I use trunk pop(validity channel). But if I try to close door after opening using remote (without physically opening door) - factory alarm wouldn't arm. I beleive it wants door to be opened and then closed. Then it will arm. How do I cure this situation and is it common issue?

Thanks a lot in advance!

1. you have to hold the valet button down between 5-10 seconds to get into programming. if you dont have the horn hooked up the only way you can tell is by the led flashing. if it still isnt working then you are either taking too long inbetween ign on/off and pressing the button, or the ign wire (thick gauge pink wire) from the remote start isnt getting 12vign (hooked up to the wrong wire) or the valet button is broken/not plugged in.
2.cant change how the horn sounds but you may be able to change the length of the horn honks in programming.
3.it wont remote start unless you have either learned tach, programmed it for tachless, or turned enging checking off in programming. the brake and hood pin do not have to be hooked up in order for it to start.
4.im not really sure what you are asking but you can hook up the factory arm wire from the dei unit to the factory arm wire in the car and it will arm when you lock the door from the keyfob.
mrgoetz 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  

skee-weezy wrote:
oh yeah.. im amazed no one mentioned code-alarm too... they are pretty easy to install too.... and oh yeah.. for those of u that may have never worked with the two recently.....CODE and AUDIOVOX are now virtually identical on most models... kinda like the viper and python brands for DEI

code alarm is owned by audiovox. I wouldn't recomend either. Stick with dei products. They have the lifetime warrenty on them, code and audivox doesn't . I install the audiovox alarms for a while, I have at least 10 years of experince in this feild and i hate yhe audiovox remote starts with a passion. Most of the one only lasted a year tops.  I have a old viper from 1992  installed and have never touched it since then, of couse i have had to buy a new remote but thats it.  If you want range get the newer 160xvl, has a smaller remote, one mile range, it does remote start and keyless entry.  Really the two remotes aren't that big. My wife has one and has no prblems with the size of it.

katit 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  

mrgoetz wrote:
Stick with dei products. They have the lifetime warrenty on them, code and audivox doesn't . I install the audiovox alarms for a while, I have at least 10 years of experince in this feild and i hate yhe audiovox remote starts with a passion. Most of the one only lasted a year tops. 

Since I installed Viper myself - I beleive I don't have any warranty. So..

Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic