icon

900 mhz audiovox remotes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tillithz 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2008 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
Hey does anyone know if the 900 mhz remotes are interchangeable for audiovox/prestige/code?
I have an xro9100 that the oled remote is just to big and Id like to get one of the smaller 2 way remotes that are 900 mhz. I understand the features specific to the oled remote would not be available but could at the least the alarm sounding notification be present along with arm/disarm and remote start options? thanks for any input!
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 17, 2008 at 6:38 AM / IP Logged  
I remember you talking about this product, but I haven't seen this model yet.
What brand is it? Prestige, Pursuit, or Code Alarm?
Does it claim 1400 feet of range, or "up to one mile?"
The reason I ask is because I did once program a 1400-foot Prestige APS-905 remote to my Code Alarm CA425/CA535 for a few minutes, and it worked fine.
I think all the "1400 foot" stuff is the same, but the "up to one mile" is probably a different remote.
tillithz 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2008 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  
hmm, wierd, now that I look at the box and manuals it doesnt say a distance for the range. I do recall the audiovox rep mentioning a mile, which is why I was considering the 900 mhz remotes only as I am trying to keep with the same standard of 900 mhz.
The box is branded with the prestige line and I did call tech support but I really think that it was rushed and the tech didnt want to be on the phone for the 20 seconds he was with me. I might try again to see if I can get a different tech. Like you said, i think it would stand to reason that a 'similar' remote would work just may not have some of the features obviously.
Thanks for the response
tillithz 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2008 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, apparently ANY 900 mhz remote will work with any 900 mhz alarm/remote start. This came from a tech named patrick I believe his name was. So the big bulky remote can be substituted for a more slim lined type.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic