icon

spl meter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2008 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  

i live in  las vegas . a friend of mine made the drive out. we wanted to put his truck and my car on the meter. i called every shop in vegas. no one has one. and one guy said whats a SPL meter.

1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
Blowntweeters 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2008 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  

looks like i am buying. a audio control epic 160 and wire it up with 20 feet of slack .

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 16, 2008 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
What is an SPL meter?
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 16, 2008 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
If you want an accurate meter you'd probably need a Termlab...unless you get the epic 160 calibrated correctly
skee-weezy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2008 at 6:50 AM / IP Logged  
there are also a number of programs that u can purchase for your pc or laptop that can do the same job as the spl meter... along with a usb mic.. u can load one of them into your computer and meter spl that way too... most of the times these are significantly cheaper than a spl meter and a lot more practical to own...
there can be only one.......
skee-weezy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2008 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged  
most sound engineers use a similar set up to put together rigs for live shows and studios..... u can probably contact your neighborhood guitar center for more details....
there can be only one.......
Blowntweeters 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2008 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
i know that the epic 160 won't be the most accurate. i will get a termlab meter. if i ever open a shop . would love to here in vegas. very limited products avalable. 702 motoring has some good products but the mark up is crazy. audio express home of the 1 dollar install. what a joke. $500 for a15" RF T1 sub. and $299 bass package. 2 10" sony xploded subs in a prefab box. and a sony amp thats not even a good match for the subs and. a really crappy 10 gauge kit. i fixed my wifes bosses. set up last night. audio express. broke a bunch of clips on the civic that they re installed when he went from a sealed box to a ported. they told him they had to put the box in from the backseat . last night it went right threw the truck in and out. all that had to be done was. put one end of the box in first. i guess i am amazed. that the shops in the twin ports area in MN. are leaps and bounds ahead of the shops here. i can't say all the shops 702 motoring and SS audio do good work . but they don't have a     Sound  Presure  Level   meter .

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic