06 sienna loss of headphone jack w/ new hu

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
turboneon 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2008 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
Hey,
2006 Toyota Sienna. Had an Eclipse radio/nav unit installed. The headphone jacks no longer work due to the radio swap. Any idea on how to make the headphone jacks working again?
Thanks.
davngr 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2008 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
i have never tried to integrate an after market headunit and oem head phone jacks, it is probly possible to rig something up so your head phone jacks would work again but it would cost too much money and time to justify the effort.   if your in need of a headphone system in your car i would get wireless headphones such as http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product_acc.php?model=SHS-N252.  no wires and relatively simple instalation.
life is a comedy to think, a tragedy to feel
chillin420 
Copper - Posts: 236
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2008 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
headphone jack... are you talking about the input for  a ipod or other mp3 player?  if so, the eclipse will have these in the rear of the unit.  you could plug in an extension cable male  to female.  plug in the male to the stereo, run cable up to factory location, remove old jack and mold new one in shouldnt be to hard of a swap out.. not sure if this is the headphone jack you are talking about, but if anymore Qs hit us up... 
you can do it....
advanced MECP, lol does it really matter....
patience is a virtue
turboneon 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2008 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
chillin420 wrote:
headphone jack... are you talking about the input for a ipod or other mp3 player?
The sienna has a headphone jack for the rear seat passangers that plays off the oem system. When the Eclipse was put in, the headphone jack no longer works. I guess there is even a note in the toyota owners manual saying that it will stop working if the radio is changed out.
I figured there would be a set of wires behind the radio that needed to be connected, or something wired up to make them work.
Worst case we run a new set of wires to it and can run a small amp to them. I remember seeing one of the video manufactures offering something like a 5 or 10 watt for this purpose.
Either way, I don't know if they will want to spend the money. This was just a friend of someone I know, so I don't have to many more details on the van.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic