icon

tuning my system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kenwoodman 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2008 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
Ok i need some advice , i have a pyle "chopper series" 1800 watt amp,a kenwood kac 729s 600 watt amp,two kenwood kfc w3011 12" svc subs powered by a kenwood exceron 492s deck,now i know alot of people on here have no love for kenwood or pyle but its all i have and i dont have the money to get anything different right now so im stuck with it,my question is can i bridge one sub to the kenwood and one sub to the pyle and would it be enuff power for the subs,they are 400 rms and 800 max,OR...should i run the subs of the pyle and use the kenwood for my mids and highs?
kenwoodman 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2008 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  
Ok guys i took ur advise and sold everything except my deck, i want one 12 and a good amp to push it but i only have 250 bucks so hook me up guys.
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 28, 2008 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
My suggestion; save your money for a while longer till you have a larger budget.  You can probably get a decent sub amp for that much money, but then you will need the sub, box, wiring, and installation. 
kenwoodman 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2008 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
My question is if it is possible to connect to amps together and run two svc subs off of this setup? One amp is a kenwook 600 watt 2 chanel amp and the other is a pyle 1800 watt chopper series with aux line outputs. the subs are both 4ohms.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2008 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
No. Even if they were from the same manufacturer, UNLESS THE AMPS ARE DESIGNED TO DO THAT, (called strapping) you can't even do it with identical amplifiers.
Dont try it, or you're gonna end up frying BOTH of those things.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
kenwoodman 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2008 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
Well here it is,this is for all you guys who said pyle amps are crap, i just installed two 1800 watt PYLE chopper series amps and two KENWOOD 12" subs in my car and won 3000 dollars at a local competition,now i understand that we all have our favorite manufacturers but come on guys these things pound and the distortion was almost non existant,the subs and amps you guys said were crap just won this white boy 3 grand,i think you idiots need to go back to school and listen in class this time, loving idiots!!!!!!!
Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic