icon

oem alarm sometimes goes off w viper 5900

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2008 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
Ok...another thing I just thought of. What color wires do you have arm and disarm connected to inside the door? Peterubers mentioned "blue" which isn't correct for '03-'07 Accords(the wire is blue on the '98-'02).
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
slamdaccord 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  

chriswallace187 wrote:
Ok...another thing I just thought of. What color wires do you have arm and disarm connected to inside the door? Peterubers mentioned "blue" which isn't correct for '03-'07 Accords(the wire is blue on the '98-'02).

i'm not at work right now but from what i can remember the wires are WHITE/ red = arm   white = disarm

slamdaccord 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
peterubers wrote:

I've always been hit or miss as well with Accords and that "blue" disarm wire in the door...

The extreme alternative is UNLOCK before starting and re-lock after start -- should be a selection in programming of the Viper

Too much ground (longer than 750ms) to that disarm wire and you'll unlock the doors.

I agree with the above, relay the -250mA disarm output to a relay with a good chassis ground connection -- try a separate ground site than the viper brain ground.

even if i do this, this MIGHT help the factory alarm to not go off when i remote start it....BUT what about the random times when i only hit disarm/unlock on the viper (not remote start it) and the factory alarm goes off?

chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  
slamdaccord, I think most of the above post which you've quoted applies to the '98-'02 Accords...their disarm was a bit more finicky.
I reread your statement that the factory alarm will stop going off when you shut the r/s down or lock the doors with the viper...this makes me think you might just have reversed your factory disarm and factory rearm wires.
Arm should be WHITE/ red, disarm should be white as you posted...but it's pretty easy to mix them up if you're only running 2 wires into the door.
I actually did that on my buddy's '95 maxima, only better...I was doing driver's priority unlock, and hooked the 2 wires from the unlock relay up to the lock motor lead. It took an hour or so to figure out why the remote worked fine and the doors didn't unlock at all.
slamdaccord 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  

chriswallace187 wrote:
slamdaccord, I think most of the above post which you've quoted applies to the '98-'02 Accords...their disarm was a bit more finicky.
I reread your statement that the factory alarm will stop going off when you shut the r/s down or lock the doors with the viper...this makes me think you might just have reversed your factory disarm and factory rearm wires.
Arm should be WHITE/ red, disarm should be white as you posted...but it's pretty easy to mix them up if you're only running 2 wires into the door.
I actually did that on my buddy's '95 maxima, only better...I was doing driver's priority unlock, and hooked the 2 wires from the unlock relay up to the lock motor lead. It took an hour or so to figure out why the remote worked fine and the doors didn't unlock at all.

i doubt i have them backwards because like i said..it doesnt ALWAYS do this..only sometimes.

chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2008 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged  
It's conceivable to me that reversing the wires would cause an intermittent fault.
The factory alarm and lock control module (I think Honda calls it the MICU) on the Accord has several inputs, including but not limited to the position of the driver's door lock actuator(locked or unlocked), the lock/arm and unlock/disarm wires from the key cylinder, and the actual power lock switch inputs. The MICU contains logic circuitry which will evaluate those inputs and give an output(such as "lock doors", "sound alarm", "flash LED", "roll windows up", etc.) based on the inputs it's seen.
In all likelihood, the electrical engineers who designed it may have designed it to arm and lock when it received one or more of those inputs. They may not have designed the logic to properly deal with contradictory inputs (in electronic engineering parlance these are called "don't cares" because in theory they aren't supposed to happen, and they can be ignored if it means less complicated logic circuits inside the MICU).
Let's suppose you do have those 2 wires switched. When you push "unlock" on the Viper's remote, it sends out a (-) pulse to the arm wire(on the Honda) from the factory disarm output(Viper). It also sends out a (-) pulse to the unlock wire which I'm assuming you've connected to the wire from the passenger door lock switch, which will unlock all the doors.
Since the lock and alarm circuitry in the MICU was designed to treat this situation ("arm", "unlock switch", and "actuator unlocked", all at almost once) as something that can theoretically never happen, there's really no telling what it will do.
Also, there's a slight difference in the speed that either of those (-) pulses ("disarm" and unlock) get to their destination, and the MICU might just decide to go with which one it sees first(which isn't necessarily the same every time).
Anyway, the gist of what I'm saying is that it's definitely possible for reversed wires to cause an arbitrary problem like you're having and it'd be worth your while to switch them and see what happens.
slamdaccord 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2008 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  

i wish there was a way to completely disable the factory oem alarm/keyless.

reason i wanna do this is because, let's say someone "jimmys" the door and opens it, not only does viper go off, but oem as well, the horn honk IS hooked up to my viper but since the oem is going off, it honks slow, and it flashes my headlights, to which i have hid's in and i don't want to end up burning out the ballast.

but someone told me the oem alarm is connected to my ecu/bcm and i couldn't disable it b/c it would love up something. is this true? or is it at all possible? if it was guaranteed to not mess with my BCM i would do it so i wouldn't deal with this headache anymore

slamdaccord 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2008 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
slamdaccord wrote:

i wish there was a way to completely disable the factory oem alarm/keyless.

reason i wanna do this is because, let's say someone "jimmys" the door and opens it, not only does viper go off, but oem as well, the horn honk IS hooked up to my viper but since the oem is going off, it honks slow, and it flashes my headlights, to which i have hid's in and i don't want to end up burning out the ballast.

but someone told me the oem alarm is connected to my ecu/bcm and i couldn't disable it b/c it would love up something. is this true? or is it at all possible? if it was guaranteed to not mess with my BCM i would do it so i wouldn't deal with this headache anymore

didnt know there was a curse filter. sorry. where it says "love up", i mean screw up

slamdaccord 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2008 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  

just a little update on this..

so far so good! i haven't switched the arm/disarm wires...so far everytime i've hit disarm or remote start, not once has the oem alarm gone off. i haven't attempted to use the window roll up/down just because i have no point to but somethin tells me if i do that, it will set it off...the only time i will really use window up is if my car is somewhere and its about to rain and i dont feel like running to it

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2008 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
I've had a similar issue..the solution that I came up with was giving the factory disarm wire 2 ground pulses instead of 1.  I even tested the car when it went off and gave it a ground pulse and it still didnt disarm it.  Until i gave it 2 pulses did it work 100% off the time.... This was also because I used the extended door locks(window roll up and down)
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic