icon

headunit, loud pop from speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rudeman74 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2008 at 2:24 AM / IP Logged  
i have a new headunit in my truck not sure what is going on . it is a 2din dvd/tv/radio 7'' screen .out of no where i get loud pop from speakers,i thought it mit be ground problem so i checked all of the amps, 2 of them reground them.still got the pop sound when driving.the only thing i can think of is the headunit,it's hooked up to the stock wireing ground wire .my dash is all plastic so no metal is touching the chasy of radio  just the one ground wire .headunit, loud pop from speakers - Last Post -- posted image.
you can't all ways be right
bbullers 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2008 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
I'm perplexed by this too, I'm having the same problem. I have an 04 Grand Am GT1, with an Eclipse CD3000 Deck. I've bypassed the factory ground, and grounded it to a perfectly clean Chassis Ground, and I still get a loud pop when I put in a CD, turn it on or off, or change radio stations.....
The Only Stupid Question, is the one Un-asked
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 19, 2008 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  

Rudeman, do you have any form of engine noise with this problem?

Bbullers are you using the Monsoon factory amp?

rudeman74 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2008 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
no got rid of stock amp useing after market  but am getting alt noise very little.
you can't all ways be right
bbullers 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2008 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  
No, I'm Using 2 Kenwood Amps, a 2 Channel for my 2 Infinity Referance 1025 DVC 10's and a 4 Channel for my Mid's and Highs... All are running through RCA's from the Head Unit.
i am an idiot 
Posted: May 20, 2008 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  
You both can try this.  It sounds as though the mute section of your radios have a problem.  This is a common problem with some OEM amps when installing aftermarket decks.  You will need to go to RadioShack and purchase a pack of (4)  Male RCA jacks, a pack of (4)  Female RCA jacks, and (4) 10 microfarad non polarized capacitors.   Strip some insulation off of some 18 Ga. speaker wire.  You want 8 pieces of the insulation about 3 inches long.  Slide the insulation over the wires of both ends of the capacitors.  Cut the insulation 1/4 inch shorter than the wire.  Solder one end of the cap to the center conductor of the Male RCA jack.  Then solder the other end of the capacitor to the center conductor of a female RCA jack.  Then Solder a wire from the negative connection of the male to the same connection of the female.  If you are worried about shielding insulate the capacitor connections with some heat shrink tubing.  The tubing will need to be put on the capacitor leg before it is soldered.  With the cap insulated you can now wrap the contraption with some aluminum foil, or whatever you wish to shield it with.  The shielding is really not necessary, but I am sure Somebody will think so.  So I told you to shield these things.  You may want to get some heat shrink to encase the contraption.    You will have to make 4 of these.  If you want to check it after you build one,  remove all RCA jacks from your amp or amps.  Insert the device into one channel of the amp, then connect an RCA cable to it.  Turn the system on and check for a pop.  If it satisfactory on that one channel, build 3 more, and happy listening. 
bbullers 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  
I have aftermarket Kenwood amps... Will this work for me too?
i am an idiot 
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  

Yes I think it will help you.  I told of the OEM amp problem, only because that is the reason I had been building them.   Make one up and see how much it helps.

bbullers, I just noticed that you are possibly using 3 sets of RCA jacks, you may have to build 6 of these. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic