icon

best 2 way alarm for concrete penetration

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
noot 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
I live on the 4th floor of a 4 story wood-frame condo, I park my jeep directly below me in a single-floor parkade. I want a 2-way alarm, so that I can receive notification from the parkade up to my suite.
I've been thinking about the Viper 5002, but I can't find much information on whether or not the 2-way comm will penetrate the concrete. Unfortunately, all Viper SST models are start+alarm, which I don't want.
Will the 5002 do? What other options do I have?
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  

I have the Compustar 2wss-as in my car (and routinely install this model in customer vehicles) and I have excellent concrete penetration, examples:

1) I can start my car (located on the third floor of a parking structure across the street) from inside a contemporary concrete building on a different floor (higher up) in the city.

2) I can receive 2-way communications from my car (when located on the 5th floor of an all concrete indoor condo parking garage) when I'm in the basement -- this is literally a signal going through 5 or 6 levels of pure concrete parking garage flooring ...

Umm.. it doesn't get any better than that.

The search function is your friend.
noot 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
I should also add some more information:
I've got an '08 Wrangler 4dr, so I'd like to have the option to get a Proxy sensor... so I guess the alarm needs to support that as well.
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
ppssht whoop whoop Compustar is the doodie!
"dont ground out!"
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  

The 5002 is AM and won't cut it.

The 5900 SST is an option - connect all the wires except the BLACK/ white neutral safety and you've got a 2-way security only.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
fcss 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  

If your not planning on using the remote start part of the 5900 at all,  then you dont have to wire up the the fat wires off the relay pack if you dont want to, you can do this if you want cut one end of the ribbon harness off and  peal all the wires apart the other end which you didnt cut off still plugs into the brain use the yellow wire which is the (+) ignition input to the alarm and go straight to ingition and use the ORANGE / black to wire up a relay for a starter kill  (disregard all the rest of the thin wires) or  you can use the orange off the h1 harness and wire up a relay for a starter kill also.  then just do a regular alarm install.  By doing it this way you dont need to use the fat wires, it less bulky makes for a nice install. 

hope this helps

xtremeaudio 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 5:10 AM / IP Logged  
viper 5900 will be the best compustar some time delay on 2-way

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic