icon

2008 Chevy Silverado, Cruise Control

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
diagnall 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2008 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
Vss wire is on the back ofthe block where the left foot sets on the firewall, unsnap the block and turn it to see the GREEN/ black on the rear.
ponchonutty 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2008 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  

diagnall wrote:
Vss wire is on the back ofthe block where the left foot sets on the firewall, unsnap the block and turn it to see the GREEN/ black on the rear.

What do you mean?  What block?  I plan to help a disabled couple that previously had another cruise company install Trilogex's unit which doesn't work or rarely will engage.  So, I am going to try this pedal pull setup so they can make their 2.5hour trip more enjoyable to see their doctors.  Any more tips or help on this would be great.  I'm not a newbie.  I've been in the bizz  for about 15 years but have only done one pedal pull install before.

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2008 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
Set the cruise's sensitivity to its lowest setting. Attach the cruise cable as low as possible on the gas pedal to increase the leverage. Be patient. The other solution is there are rumors that Trilogix may have a new drive by wire version out before early next year. They should have all the bugs worked out.
sparky
rockyboy 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2008 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  

I would like crusie control in my 2008 dually diesel silverado. Someone who has done one before. Im from new jeresy will to travel to get done. please email me r ockyboy411@aol.com

Rocky
tomcruise 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2009 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  

The VSS wire is GREEN / WHITE not GREEN/ black. It is on the back of the junction block in a black connector above a green and orange connector. I do not recommend a pedal pull on any drive by wire throttle system. You will most likely have surging that you can not get rid of.

The dealer's can now get the OEM parts programmed. We have done 10 OEM installs and programmed them. They are much more expensive but considering the alternative, that doesn't work, it's worth it.

closmendez 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2009 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
GM does not support BCM reprograming for Cruise control upgrade even with factory parts. Good luck getting it done, this is from a GM Engineer I talked to today 02/16/2009. Gm does charge the Dealers standing credit line the $50.00 dollars for software updates that they support and Cruise Control is not a supported upgrade.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic