icon

mazda3 unnightmare.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gbuntitled 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2008 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2004 Mazda3s manual transmission.
I've been asking around, so here's my 2 posts copied from another forum.
First of all, I know I should have taken it to a pro, but I thought I would save money. I needed to take an alarm out that the previous owner had put in because of a dealership warranty item. I believe the "brain" says Python 881 or something. But I believe/was told it was a Viper 5900...I believe it had a starter kill/immobilizer/remote start/ shock sensors...etc...? I don't know alot about car alarms obviously. And I disconnected everything that the alarm was attached too, so I could just take it out. But now all I know, is now my car does not start. All the lights light up, but I turn the key and no start...What do I do? 2 shops said something about the starter wire needing to be re-connected. PLEASE HELP! I feel so miserable over this.
The car push starts..
There were 4 or 5 pretty thick wires that were soldered onto some of the ignition wires. They led into some sort of XCRS xTreme Capacity Relay Satellite box. I cut those off...Then there was a wire looped around the ignition or covered with black tape.
What are these? This first picture is what you see when you look at it. What is that circled "plug"? It seems to come out of the stock wiring harness that leads to the steering wheel...
mazda3 unnightmare. - Last Post -- posted image.
And the second picture is what I see right above the clutch, up against the firewall. This "plug" seems to be coming out of the stock harness? But, it had been cut at one of the 2 gray wires that led into the plug and there was a "speaker wire" and WHITE/ blue wires coming from it that led into the alarm. I took those off as they led to the alarm, and re-connected that wire. What is this?
mazda3 unnightmare. - Last Post -- posted image.
mad550 
Copper - Posts: 201
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2008 at 5:51 AM / IP Logged  
Looking at your ignition harness check for hot while cranking wire (starter) I think its a thick BLACK/ red or RED / black if its broken or cut thats the one your after, failing that check the passenger side kick and behind the glove box the interupt may have been done there.  As for the other plug not sure as its a bit hard to make out the picture.
WOW Sight and Sound
Maroochydore
Nothing is impossible!
Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 04, 2008 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  

The starter wire on your car should be grey/black. If it is cut and has been connected to any of the wires in the mini relay harness, it needs to be

re-connected.  Look at the clutch switch and see if the plug thats hangin , belongs there!

Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 04, 2008 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  

That connector with what seems like a red and a black wire might be the light to the ignition barrel. But it's hard to tell.

I betcha any money that the clutch switch in picture is broken. They're as fragile as dried biscuits. Unless you're real good with krazy glue and tye-wraps, you'll have to get another one.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic