icon

deciphering a passive crossover

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
falconyellow 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2008 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  
Nevermind my last post, I'm a dork...deciphering a passive crossover - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2008 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  
nickdahl wrote:
They were mounted in the rear seat speaker position of a 1983 Porsche 944.
Shoulda left 'em in... You halved the value of the car by removing them, no matter WHAT their condition! LOL
Just ribbin', man... Starting a new job on monday, so I am in a good mood today! deciphering a passive crossover - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Actually I worked on one of those cars... I put an Alpine DAT deck in one, with a changer, Nak subs literally in the rear seat foot-wells, the big (at that time) Alpine 5 channel, ADS plates in the doors... Sounded REALLY good, as I recall. Less than one week, and the guy had ALL of the stuff ripped off. (We couldn't talk him into an alarm...)
SHARPEST car I have EVER worked on... That one, and the 88 Dodge Daytona. (And by "sharp", I mean EVERYTHING I'd touch wanted to cut the ever-lovin' doodie out of me, not that it was a good looking car...) IIRC, that was the car I was working on when I almost cut the end of my finger off with a Dremel... Anybody remember the little Dremel SAW BLADES??? ('nuff said)
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
nickdahl 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2008 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
nickdahl wrote:
They were mounted in the rear seat speaker position of a 1983 Porsche 944.
Shoulda left 'em in... You halved the value of the car by removing them, no matter WHAT their condition! LOL
Just ribbin', man... Starting a new job on monday, so I am in a good mood today! deciphering a passive crossover - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Actually I worked on one of those cars... I put an Alpine DAT deck in one, with a changer, Nak subs literally in the rear seat foot-wells, the big (at that time) Alpine 5 channel, ADS plates in the doors... Sounded REALLY good, as I recall. Less than one week, and the guy had ALL of the stuff ripped off. (We couldn't talk him into an alarm...)
SHARPEST car I have EVER worked on... That one, and the 88 Dodge Daytona. (And by "sharp", I mean EVERYTHING I'd touch wanted to cut the ever-lovin' doodie out of me, not that it was a good looking car...) IIRC, that was the car I was working on when I almost cut the end of my finger off with a Dremel... Anybody remember the little Dremel SAW BLADES??? ('nuff said)

I know what you mean.  Everytime I work on the car, I come away bleeding.  I have the alarm waiting!

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic