icon

solaris4 remote start/passlock ii

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blackie1 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2008 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  

I installed a Clifford Solaris 4 into my 2000 S10 truck today and everything is working correctly...except for the remote start. I have the Dei 556L installed to bypass the Passlock II system. I'm sure of all connections on the 556L except for the blue wire which calls to be hooked up to the "- status output" wire from the alarm system. Would this be the green wire on the Solaris 4 called the "armed out -" or the blue/orange wire called the "- out when started"?

I also wired up a relay for the second ignition wire (white wire in ignition harness). I connected 87 to constant 12V, 85 to the ignition 1 output from the Solaris, 30 to the second ignition wire (the white wire in ignition harness previously mentioned), and 86 is supposed to be "- output when remote start is activated.<---I am unsure of which wire this should be also but I think it should be either the above mentioned green or blue/orange wire? Here is what the Solaris install guide says for hooking up the secondary ignition relay:

Secondary Ignition or Heater/AC Wire

More and more vehicles are being manufactured with two ignition or two heater/AC wires in order to split up the power requirements of the temperature control system, onboard computers, fuel delivery system, electronic transmission control, etc. If you are working on such a vehicle, you will find two wires that both test as ignition lines or two wires that supply the heater/AC.1. Connect the BLUE BLACK wire to the coil of a relay for the second heater/AC line.2. Connect the BLUE/ORANGE wire to the coil of a relay for the 2nd ignition line.

Do I need one of these other wires for the Passlock II or Secondary Ignition relay fromt he install manual:

Factory Theft Deterrent Bypass

The wires noted below are to disarm a vehicle’s factory alarm system to permit remote starting.

For more information on the vehicle on which you are installing the Solaris, download this information from

our www.clifforddealer.com web site, our Auto Fax service or ring our Dealer Technical Support Helpline.

1. The BLUE/ORANGE wire is a negative out whenever the vehicle is remotely started. It can be used for extra ignition relays or for factory alarm bypass. This wire comes from the factory prewired to the parking/sidelight relays.

2. The WHITE/ VIOLET wire is a negative pulse out just prior to remote engine starting. It can be used to pulse a factory disarm wire or unlock the doors. This wire also pulses when the Solaris is disarmed using the remote.

3. The VIOLET/WHITE wire is a negative pulse out after remote engine starting. This can be used to lock the doors after remote starting if the doors had been unlocked prior to starting. This wire also pulses when the Solaris is armed using the remote.

Of these 3 wires, I only have the WHITE/ Violet wire hooked up the my factory alarm disarm wire.

Did I hook the relay up right...or blow it all together?

Any help would be much appreciated as I am anxious to get my darn truck put back together!!!!!

blackie1 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2008 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone?
blackie1 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2008 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  

I figured out that the Blue/Orange wire is supposed to be hooked up to pole 86 on my relay but the problem is that when I do that, the alarm will no longer respond to the arm command from the remote. I can hold the arm button and the alarm will panic and I can turn off the panic...but cannot arm or disarm the alarm.

Is there any other way to hook up the second ignition wire so the remote start will work?

blackie1 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2008 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  

I know one of you pro installers have to have an answer for me!!!!!!!

techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2008 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged  
1. The BLUE/ORANGE wire is a negative out whenever the vehicle is remotely started. It can be used for extra ignition relays or for factory alarm bypass. This wire comes from the factory prewired to the parking/sidelight relays
That is status output
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic