08 wrangler w/ pkuch2x

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jpinusmc 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2008 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  

All,

I am doing a rs with an autopage rs-900 on an 08 jeep wrangler.   Problem is with programming the PKUCH2X.  I have followed the directions that come with the bypass:

1. Insert first key, turn to on.  Wait till theft light goes out.  - No theft light on the jeep so I followed the owners manual instructions - wait for the chime. 

2.  Insert second key, turn to on.  Wait for chime. 

3. I grounded the wait to start wire and proceeded to rs the vehicle and held the pku up to the ignition barrel.  Door chimed.  Should be programmed.

The vehicle will not start with the coil wrapped around the ignition, even with the key.  The vehicle will turn off after two seconds.  This would seem to me that the pku isnt programmed right.  Is there another way to do it?

Also,  I have the green and violet/white wires hooked up to the mux wire as the instructions state.  I also have the starter wire and ignition wire from the rs hooked into the pku as the instructions state.  The vehicle never even trys to start when the rs is activated.  The accessories come on, but no attempt to start.  Any ideas?

Thanks again for all your help.

hydroz_23 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2008 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
change the green and violet/white wires on the module. it might be backwards that will cause it not to crank and will also cause the transponder not to program. this will also cause the red light on the dash to not come on. this car does have a red light and will come on during proramming.
jpinusmc 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2008 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  
No love. Still wont crank or program.   Does this jeep actually have a light that says 'theft'?  The only light i see that is there is a small red dot in the upper left hand corner of the intrument panel.  Is there another way to program the pku than the instructions say?  Or, is there another way to make a bypass/use a different one for this vehicle?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 22, 2008 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
The theft light is a small red dot, in the upper-right area of the instrument cluster.
When you start the engine with a good key, the light should come on solid for a couple of seconds and then go out.
It seems that on the newer Chryslers, the programming is the same as it was before, except the light never flashes when you get into programming. The owner's manual says it does, but it doesn't, so you have to do it blindly.
But anyway, the first step in all this would be to temporarily remove the coil wrapped around the key cylinder (or simply unplug it from the PKUCH2X), insert a good key 90% of the way into the ignition (but not enough to trigger the key chime), and try the remote start again.
If the remote start works with a key in the ignition, most of your installation is good. However, if it doesn't work, go back and correct the other errors before worrying about the programming.
jpinusmc 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2008 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help so far.  I went back and checked everything over again.  Now I have the vehicle starting with the key in the ignition by itself without the ring around the cylinder and it will rs with the ring around the cylinder and no key.  However, it will not start manually with the key if the ring is around the key cylinder.  Any ideas?
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2008 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  

you probaby have the ground when running grounded all the time

which will make it see two keys at once and not allow it to start

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic