Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nhoj_yelbom 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2008 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
twistedp wrote:

as per flashing HIDs:

use the key sense wire from the ignition harness (tumbler) as a relay cut-off trigger for your headlights. this way your headlights only work when your key is in the ignition. (99% of key sense circuits use a negative pulse to identify "key-in")

instead of using an accessory/ignition triggered cut-off, this also enables you to turn your lights on if your engine or accessories are turned off.

i've used this method to defeat circuit function on several vehicles. (ie: headlamps, parking lamps, horn, etc. for vehicles that can't be programmed otherwise)

Oh, yeah, btw check to see that those functions can't be over-riden in some kind of factory programming sequence. (should have mentioned that first, sorry)

i wanted to just cut a wire at the alarm module just to make them so they dont come on with the alarm, but that might disable them altogether

nhoj_yelbom 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2008 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
ok well i just went and pulled pin for (headlights ctrl white pin a11) second diagram and it worked like a charm! no headlight flash and the still work perfect. i can always put the pin back in also i just taped it real good. no onto the relay for the strobes! i will post up if i can find something
nhoj_yelbom 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2008 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
oh that was out of the center plug at the bcm
nhoj_yelbom 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2008 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
checked every wire at bcm, none will work for my strobe relay. anyone have any suggestions?
OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2008 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  

nhoj_yelbom wrote:
checked every wire at bcm

For a panic output? I dont think there is one on the factory alarm, other than the horn and light output.

nhoj_yelbom 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2008 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
no just something for a relay turn on, when the alarm activates i want the strobe lights to activate.
OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2008 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  

Right...This is called a panic output. It's a wire that outputs only when the alarm sounds. The factory alarm on an 01 suburban won't have one. Other than horns and lights.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic