icon

led's under dash, seat, come on with door

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
airseeker1111 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2008 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  
this is just an example that I came up with in my head, just from knowing neons and how door pins work. this could work with any vehicle. A 98 chevy truck should be easier just because you can tap into the courtesy light below the dash instead of having to go to each individual door pin. Pro to that is that it is much easier, but a con is that they will turn on with both doors and not individually.
Taylor
04nata 
Copper - Posts: 358
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2008 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  

For under seats and dash I used 12 volt cold cathode lights from the computer supply place, they stay cool and put out alot of light, come in lots of colors and are very inexpensive, they are also light in weight and you can just zip tie them to anything

snowsoldier 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2008 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
oh alright thats perfect thank you.
mrcapcom 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2008 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
i'm real new to all this and this board and this is exactly what I want to do with some white CCFL's in my car. I have a dodge magnum 07 and I wanted to know if someone could help me do this if it would work in my car send me a pm thanks in advance
tj.poorman 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2009 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
airseeker1111 wrote:
here is the best interpretation that I can give you, this picture is for if you have a negative door trigger. If you have postive door triggers, then all you need to do reverse the polarity of everything. make sure that the stripes on the diodes are going away from the door pin.led's under dash, seat, come on with door - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but on a negative door trigger aren't the diodes in this picture backwards? And to isolate each light to each door shouldn't the negative off the neon be connected to the trigger side of the diode?
airseeker1111 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2009 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
yea, they are backwards...i just drew it up real quick, easy fix though right??
Taylor
dablakmark8 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2009 at 7:33 AM / IP Logged  
What i always found easy is to take out the door switches if there was any and do all my connection there by the hole,in case you run into problems.
the only interesting answers are the one that destroys the question.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic