icon

preamp volt drop if you split signal?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
daboss593 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2008 at 5:16 AM / IP Logged  
ok super noob here, never did this before and i needed help from the gods of audio. ???????? of the day is..... does your preamp volt drop if you split the signal path?i have a pioneer head unit with a 4volt preout im trying to fig out which way to go on this. im running 2 alpine mrp-450s to my subs. is  the best way to do this should i split the signal and use 2 rcas? or run one then split it at the amp end? or run one then use the pass through rca on the amp for the signal to signal from my other amp? sorry to sound like a dumb ass. but ive heard to many know it alls today that didnt even know what the hell signal noise ratio was. thanx for any help  dam im tired this above was for the sub preout only.
OWWWWWWWWWWW you said you discharged the cap!
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2008 at 7:28 AM / IP Logged  
No. To an extent. But that extent DOESN'T involve only two amplifiers. You can run two RCA's (my third choice), split it at the amp end (my second choice - first if the next option does not apply), or use the pass-through (my first choice, if there is no additional signal processing inside the first amplifier, including crossover functions).
Voltage doesn't get split in a parallel circuit - current does. If you wire two amplifiers to one battery, the voltage remains the same, right? RCA signal voltage is the same thing - voltage.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
daboss593 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2008 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
omg some one changed me title lol, ok so i took my head out of my ass and act looked at the correct book for my amps lol these dont have the pass throughs my 5 channel alpines do. so i will run the 1 rca and split it at the amps via some high end  patch cables.  i do have another ? didnt want to start another thread. due to the happy nature of ground issues with pioneer head units. ive grounded it to the stock gm ground post if that dsnt work to the batt. ?????? is i have some monster xln noise killers would i put them at the head unit or the amps? due to the ext cramped space on caddys there is very little space?. thanx for the info on my prev ?.
OWWWWWWWWWWW you said you discharged the cap!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic