icon

turn signal output to steady output?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
megatfauzi76 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2008 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  

turn signal output to steady output? - Last Post -- posted image.

From the photo above, +12V from Turn Signal...Can i change it to 1 pulse from the LOCK/UNLOCK wire?

So that the relay will stay on for a while?

Thank You

davngr 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2008 at 2:26 AM / IP Logged  

no,  it would not work.  you need a steady load from the turn signal.   you need to find a latched relay diagram or you can use a directed 528T to get up to 1.5 min constand out put from a single pulse, the cost about $10 bucks retail.

life is a comedy to think, a tragedy to feel
megatfauzi76 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2008 at 3:51 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for reply..

Are u sure it need 1.5 minute? If signal light i dont think it blink every 1.5 minute?

Anyone got an idea, how long it take to enegize that capacitor and how long it can power that relay?

Thank You

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 01, 2008 at 4:36 AM / IP Logged  
The capacitor will charge instantly.
I think the above diagram will work fine for you. The only thing you need to do is add a second relay to trigger this relay. The reason for that is every time you lock or unlock, you will be charging the capacitor. It will pull a few amps of current. Your alarm will not be able to supply enough current to charge the cap.
Additional relay:   86 and 87 to constant power source, fused at battery. 85 to alarm lock or unlock output. 30 will feed the relay in the picture. It connects to the diode which in turn is connected to the cap and resistor and terminal 86 of the picture.
I think the 10,000 mic cap will give you 1 second of output. I would use a 6 amp diode for the diode feeding the cap. If the duration is not long enough, you can add more capacitance. If the 10,000 = 1 second 20,000 will yield 2 seconds.
You must use the second relay.
davngr 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2008 at 3:55 AM / IP Logged  
the 1.5 min  was up to how long the  528T  out put can be set to.          and unless your wanting to hit your unlock/lock button every few secs to keep a constant out put coming out of the ralay i would try looking up latching relay schem.
life is a comedy to think, a tragedy to feel

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic