hifonics boltar xi

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lakewood777 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2008 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  

HiFonics BOLTAR XI

Looking for any information or specs on this Amp.  (Specs, best ohm load, RMS, Peak power, is it trash, was it a good score)   It looks like an older moder.  Jus tryin to find out what i can, this is the amp im tryin to use.

Thanks

digdug18 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2008 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  

I've got a Boltar xii in my garage, I searched on google and found the manual really quickly. Its a good amp, it is an older design, but if you check ebay they sell for alot of money even at 5 years or so old. They were made for hifonics by the guy that owns ZED audio, he has designed lots of different amps, including JL's, Alpine's, etc. Keep checking online and you'll find the manual.

Andrew

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 21, 2008 at 3:24 AM / IP Logged  
Stephen Mantz wrote:

Zed Audio      Post #19

The Maxxsonics amps are from China/Korea so I leave it to your imagination what their quality is like.
The last Hifonics which Zed produced was Gen X, this was produced for them when Matt Coleman "bought" the compnay from the original owner, and then some years later when that went belly up this crowd at Maxsonics snatched it up.
Our new amps which we make under our own name and sell direct are far superior to anything I have designed and built in the past as we had few financial constraints in the design
www.zedaudio.com
Stephen Mantz
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2008 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
"Its a good amp, it is an older design, but if you check ebay they sell for alot of money even at 5 years or so old. They were made for hifonics by the guy that owns ZED audio, he has designed lots of different amps, including JL's, Alpine's, etc"
"...when Zed ceased manufacturing for Hifonics in 1994"
As far as I know, Mr. Mantz has never designed for JL or Alpine.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic