icon

2002 honda truck pop

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hondaspeed 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2008 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged  
OK, real newbie question here! I have a 2002 honda accord EX. Every piece of documentation I read lists the WHITE/ Red wire at the driver's kick panel as the (+) truck pop. I've tested it at both the molex plug and at the run of wire going to the truck and I swear it's a (-) pulse system. Here is what I did:
1.) connect black DMM lead to ground
2.) connect red DMM lead to WHITE/ red wire
3.) pop truck via remote
--> my reading goes to a solid O volts every time!
Anyone else familiar with Hondas that might attest to this discrepancy in some systems? Thanks.
...HondaSpeed...
twistedp 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2008 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  

possibly wrong wire?

i thought the ex model's trunk wire had to be tagged at module behind the glovebox. (+) WHITE/ red ->actuator's power wire

i know the lx is a (-) GREEN/ blue at the keyless module. (relay trigger wire, easier)

Twisted Performance
hondaspeed 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2008 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  

Hmm.. thanks twisted... definitely worth a shot.

I know most of the charts I see said WHITE/ red (+) in driver's kick, but it's worth a shot! (especially since the glovebox is entirely removed 2002 honda truck pop - Last Post -- posted image.)

Thanks for the help!

...HondaSpeed...
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 22, 2008 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  

It is WHITE/ red behind the glove box...... but it's rev. polarity.

And on the EX you will need to trigger the GREEN/ orange trunk key sence wire in the drivers kick.

This will allow you to pop the trunk without disarm/unlock first, to keep the factory alarm from triggering.

On a relay (cut the trunk pop wire)  take the glove box side of the wire to 87a, and the other 1/2 to 30. 12v to 87, and 86.

Use your truck pop output to 86. BEFORE the relay tag your trunk pop output and diode isolate a connection to the key sensor wire in the kick.

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 22, 2008 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
12 Volts on 86    Trunk pop output to 85
hondaspeed 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2008 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
OK, great info guys. I had a reverse polarity relay set to hook up to the WHITE/ red wire, didn't realize the other stuff.
I did retest the wire and finally confirmed that it is (+). I think my probably was the voltage went to 12 so quickly on that wire before going to a true ground and my DMM didn't respond fast enough so it looked like a (-) wire at first.
Thank you for the additional information too!
...HondaSpeed...
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2008 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
That's pretty much what I was thinking hondaspeed...Honda's trunk solenoids only work with the keyless remote (the inside release is cable actuated) and it doesn't output for long.
I don't know how your meter works but mine (Radio Shack) will flash "O.U" sometimes when testing an output like that, which is what it normally does even when it sees a longer transition to 12 volts
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic