icon

how long to charge 520t?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audioinstaller3 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2008 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
why wouldn't it charge. It's still getting the power from the battery, and sending power to the alarm brain. The blue wire is an output, so its not doing anything until someone disconnects my battery. So my alarm will be going off if they open my hood because of the hood pin. then when they cut my battery, my backup battery will trigger the alarm
reax222 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2008 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
Since it has input and output it should charge, but it will only supply power if the hood is open and while the hood is open. So when they cut the battery cable, and shut the hood the battery will disconnect again.
audioinstaller3 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2008 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
It's a trigger..once it's triggered the alarm its going to keep going off...its not like if you open the door the alarm goes off and you close it and the alarm stops. The battery is always charging. It's in line with the cars 12v and the alarms 12v input. So if they pop my hood, cut my battery power. The alarm will keep going off because then the backup battery will sense the cut and trigger the alarm. It doesn't matter what trigger wire I have it hooked up to. Either the trunk trigger or hood pin..but with my 2 way lcd pager it will show the hood open msg when its tagged to the hood pin..if I have it on my trunk it will show my trunk open. It's just supposed to give my alarm that extra few minutes of siren time to attract more attn. and to wake me and the neighbors up.
jasonlipka 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
audioinstaller3 wrote:
It's a trigger..once it's triggered the alarm its going to keep going off...its not like if you open the door the alarm goes off and you close it and the alarm stops. The battery is always charging. It's in line with the cars 12v and the alarms 12v input. So if they pop my hood, cut my battery power. The alarm will keep going off because then the backup battery will sense the cut and trigger the alarm. It doesn't matter what trigger wire I have it hooked up to. Either the trunk trigger or hood pin..but with my 2 way lcd pager it will show the hood open msg when its tagged to the hood pin..if I have it on my trunk it will show my trunk open. It's just supposed to give my alarm that extra few minutes of siren time to attract more attn. and to wake me and the neighbors up.
How about hooking it to the instant trigger of the optional sensor port? Then it wouldn't show up as hood or trunk, it would show up as Zone 4. Although, I'm still not sure how someone is going to disconnect your battery without opening the hood????
jcs091570 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2009 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  
Check out post topic "dei 520 battery backup quick" and see the little project I put together for my alarm system. Just be creative and find a unique spot to hide it in the interior of your vehicle. A battery like the one I got will cost between 20-30$ 
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic